1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Christmas Song

Discussion in 'Ask Anthony Wellington [archive]' started by Ant Wellington, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Jan 4, 2011
    Maryland
  2. klyph

klyph Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Cape Cod
    Really beautiful! Thanks for including the "Jingle Bells" coda, first tacked on by Oscar Moore- one of my all-time favorite musicians.

Merry Christmas!

3. sayman

sayman

Dec 14, 2009
    Very cool.

4. sayman

sayman

Dec 14, 2009
    Hey, where's the "New Years" song? :)

Happy New Year to all!

5. major10th

major10th

Aug 8, 2010
    Nice job!!! Enjoyed it, thanks.

6. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Jan 4, 2011
    Maryland
    I do have an arrangement of Old Lang Syne but I'm experimenting with some chords substitutions.

-aw

7. sayman

sayman

Dec 14, 2009
    It would be another free treat to hear it!

8. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Jan 4, 2011
    Maryland
    Thanks Shaun,

I prefer to not to use my arrangements to show that I can play. My preference is that I try to be as musical as I can. I'd rather people listen and realize that they just heard some music as opposed to listening and just realizing that I have chops. It's like with Stevie Wonder,...we all know he got chops but that's the last thing you think of when you hear My Cherie Amour. You're too captivated by the music and lyrics to notice that he can play and how hip the changes are.

Happy New Year!

-anthony

9. sayman

sayman

Dec 14, 2009
    Oh, I get that. Chops give you more options and tools to perform your music. Listening to pure technique devoid of good music gets old real fast!

I like your Christmas song on the merits of the music.

10. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Jan 4, 2011
    Maryland
    Yea,...tools and supplies are what you use to build the house. But they aren't the house.

Thanks!