1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Clean Blend on Amptweaker's TightDrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jd_watt, May 8, 2015.

1. jd_watt

jd_watt

Mar 22, 2013
    Hello, Does anyone know if the clean blend on the TightDrive has some high end attenuation, or does the entire signal pass through without filtering? It seems a few companies get better results by cutting some highs on the clean blend, others don't seem to make a difference.

Also, if you had your pedal modded post purchase, how long did it take before you received the pedal back? I haven't contacted Amptweaker yet. Thanks!

2. amptweaker

amptweaker Commercial User

May 8, 2010
    Owner/Engineer: Amptweaker LLC
    JD,
    The Dry Low knob blend does attenuate the highs of that dry signal before blending it back in. I found that mixing a full range sound to the distorted bass tone resulted in some weird phase-shifty sounds in the highs, but rolling off some of the highs added the dynamic fatness without all that weirdness. If you send us the pedal, I'll get it modded and shipped back out to you within a day or two. Just email us at contact at amptweaker!

thanks
    James B
    amptweaker.com

3. jd_watt

jd_watt

Mar 22, 2013
    Many thanks for the reply, James. Your craftsmanship and customer service are truly appreciated. I'll have the pedal out early next week, and I'll be sure to contact you through the website before sending. Thanks again!

4. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire

Jun 8, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    Source Audio BETA tester
    Don't forget about the GAIN BOOST mod available inside the battery door access if you don't have that.