1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The color of the Flea Road Worn Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ray Cornwall, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Ray Cornwall

Ray Cornwall

Aug 9, 2018
    I'm obsessed with the color of this bass. It's shell pink but road worn, which moves it from "pink" to something unique.

The thing is, it's $1100, and I'm a newbie, still learning on my short scale Squier (which I love). But it's a "maybe" if I get better at the bass.

However, the one thing I don't like is the relicing of the bass, at least in terms of the faked scratches and paint peelings. Is it possible to get the bass without the relicing, but with that color? Or am I just crazy? Is there another way to get a bass that color? Flea-jazz-bass-2.

Flea-jazz-bass-2.

Attached Files:

2. Elusive1

Elusive1

Jun 21, 2018
    Singapore
    It's based on Flea's actual '61 bass; being an artist model, I doubt they'd make it without the natural wear his bears, otherwise it would just be another reissue model

3. spufman

spufman

Feb 7, 2005
    Central CT
  4. squish

squish Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Atl
    The faded shell pink is unique to the Flea RW Jazz. Short of a custom shop bass you’ll never be able to find this color on another bass.

5. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

6. symbolic_acts

symbolic_acts

May 24, 2004
    damn ive never seen that american pro...that rosewood neck/headstock/fingerboard is super spicy.

as for the flea bass, no you cannot get it without the road wearing. Get something else

7. The Bass Clef

The Bass Clef “the brian” Gold Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Southern California
    You could have any bass refinished in that faded shell pink. There’s a lot of finish guys that offer color matching. MJT guitars is one I recommend. You’d have to send your bass body to them of course, but they can do it.

Ray Cornwall and JIO like this.