Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

the Come Back of the Nordiques in the NHL !!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Piedro, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Piedro

Piedro

Jan 23, 2001
    Montréal, Qc, Canada
    Endorsing Aguilar Amp product.
    Yeah! this city is trying to get some signatures to get this team back in the NHL... nice project!

if you want to sign for them.. juste go there:
    www.retourdesnordiques.com this is a french website so you click on
    " Signez la Pétition! " under the Nordique word in red..
    and then type:
    your name,
    your email,
    confirm your email
    and your City...

Thanks Dude!

2. Nordiques! I loved the old Montreal/Quebec rivalry. It wasn't as legendary as Montreal/Toronto or Montreal/Boston, but it always ensured a lot of fights and hostility between fans. Amazing!

3. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    I think the NHL has enough teams already. Get rid of a couple expansion teams *ahem Carolina, Columbus ahem* and then bring back the 'diques. :)

AuG

4. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Not going to happen.

In case you didn't know, one of the reasons why the NHL went to sh*t is because there are too many teams.

I'm all for moving a team from one of those pointless Southern cities that has no right even having a team back to Quebec, but that would make too much sense I guess.

5. I signed it. Go me.

6. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Carolina wasn't an expansion team, they moved from Hartford...that club, reguardless of where they are has some history...like sucking for about 17 consecutive seasons.

Man, I want to see a new team in Winnipeg, that'd be sweet.

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    They should just relocate the Avalance back. Easy fix. :D

8. I think Winnipeg is more likely to get a team back before Quebec City is... from what I understand they have a basically new stadium sitting there still waiting for an NHL team to come back.

And Carolina made it to the finals a couple years ago... so they didn't suck for one of those seasons.

9. Piedro

Piedro

Jan 23, 2001
    Montréal, Qc, Canada
    Endorsing Aguilar Amp product.
    I didn't know that my thread would be interesting for you guys.. i'm happy to see that..

and i would love to see the face of the guys who start the "petition" when he gonna see "Houston, Texas " in is signature :D

10. jetsetvet

jetsetvet Banned

Mar 24, 2005
    It would be great if that happened.....Quebec deserves it. It must have been crushing to lose their team after years of "almost, but not quite" and then see them immediately thereafter win a couple of Stanley Cups in Denver.

11. Just doing what I can :D

Speaking of franchises, rumor has it Mark Cuban wants to buy the St. Louis Blues and move them to Houston. I know it's just word of mouth rumor, but I hope it's true.