The Complete Bitched Brew Sessions

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by top028, Oct 22, 2000.

1. top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    I Just picked up this 4 disk boxset, and I was blown away! This Miles Davis set is a must have for any fans. The box itself is a piece of art. 148 page book, aluminum binding, and a cloth covered box. WOW!!! it glows under the black light...There is some really amazing work covered in this set. Miles and his crew did some amazing stuff. I have heard allot of his stuff, but this is THE hands down best miles davis work. The worlds best got together got blitzed and made some kick ass music!!! Thank the good lord for it!!
    tell me what you think.......

[Edited by top028 on 10-22-2000 at 03:00 PM]
  2. I think you should give me your cd! :D
  3. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I had the two-record BB set back in the '70s...I heard all the fuss that this was the FIRST Fusion record & went for it. Truthfully, I did not dig BB at all until I picked up the COMPLETE BB 2-3 years ago. There are sections where you get a glimpse of Cobham & McLaughlin jamming as a precursor to their time in The Mahavishnu Orchestra.
    Definitely Fusion with an Avant/Free vibe about it.

I hope you did as me & picked this set up from Columbia House(when I picked it up, it was sale priced @19.99 + postage; if interested, Columbia House has *great* deals on the COMPLETE MILES/COLTRANE SESSIONS, the COMPLETE MILES QUINTET, 1965-'68, and the COMPLETE LIVE AT THE PLUGGED NICKEL. All can be had for 50% less than the store price).
  4. top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    I got it from BMG, for 30 with shipping...its like 3 dollars a disk. I got the !mpluse! years too from coltrane. for 15. that is a quality 3 disk box set too.
  5. soundofphysics

Jul 17, 2000
    I was a former "jazz-nazi" as they are often called, in that i was strictly pre-fusion, and convinced by those older, and seemingly wiser than myself that anything after the fusion revolution was liek jsut plain bad for you or something. Then one day i was introduced to the music of marcus miller, and loved the heck out of it, so i picked up Amandla by miles, and thought it was cool as hell. After this epiphany i went back and checked out the BB stuff, and was truly blown away. To any jazz-nazi's out there- give it a chance, you'll like it if you just drop any preconconceived notions.