Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The COMPLETE Effects database

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by GSPLBASSDC, Nov 12, 2005.

1. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    'Sup fellow bassists!!

I am thinking about selling my VF-1 and going the "funky" pedal route instead (think Bootsy, etc). Some of my front runners are:

EBS BassIQ
    Akai Deep Impact
    Agent 00Funk
    a few others

Anyway, I came across a very comprehensive effects database....right up there with Harmony Central....I thought I'd share in case you weren't aware of this resource:

http://www.effectsdatabase.com/

Enjoy

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Nowhere near comprehensive.

Missing dozens of Morley pieces, and at least that many EHX pieces.

3. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ

I stand corrected, it is NOT complete.... however, I found value in it from the standpoint that it provided additional reviews, and thought I'd share.... Thanks to tpylons for catching that.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Unfortunately, I don't think it has the exposure HC or something else does, and that's it's downfall there. Doesn't look too expertly put together either, but that's me.

In my spare time, I've secretly been working on something similar to that, but BASS ONLY. :)

5. That site seems untended, it hasn't been touched since nov 04 it seems. I've tried to inform the host of details of pedals that currently have no information with them and gotten precisely nowhere. Could be good, but it needs someone to take it by the neck and get it going properly.

Reviews are few and far between too. Interesting site, but it's not useful yet.

BTW, the BassIQ rocks my socks and is more traditionally funky than a Deep Impact.