The Concorde: Airport '79

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Barfly, May 15, 2005.

1. Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    So I'm watchin' The Concorde: Airport '79 on cable this afternoon. Man, these movies are so unintentionally funny. Here's George Kennedy doing barrell rolls in the Concorde because a) an experimental rocket gets off course and zones in on the Concorde and b) 3 fighter jets decide to attack them for no apparent reason!. George Kennedy is firing flares out the cockpit window @ 59,000 feet/Mach 2. Sweet!

JJ Walker is stoned after smokin a hoolie in the sh*tter, and throughout all of the 'evasive' manouvers...Rosemary Clooney is IN THE CAN, gettin tossed around like a ragdoll. Of couse, once the plane sttles, she strolls out dry as a bone in her pink Lycra pantsuit.

Somehow, Eddie Albert ended up in the cockpit, too, for the emergency landing in France.

Airport 75 was on a few weeks back. Charlton Heston @ 50 in a skintight turtleneck, trying to coach Karen Black on flying a 747 over S.Lake City. LMAO!

One scene sees the camera cut close to his weathered gob - yellow teeth and all, heavily bretahing "Climb, baby, climb..."

I'm glad I grew up in the '70's. It makes watching these movies well worth it.
  2. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    "Karen Black... from Airport '75? It was a movie in the 70's... Ahh, damn kids and your music!"