1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The COOLEST model car EVER!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Trevorus, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL

Link COREECTED...

2. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    What? The Bimmer, or the Police LT1?

That was hilarious. The deputy almost killed himself AND the other trooper flying down the pike in his unit, when the kid gave him the shoulder fake (HAHAHA!!!), and he lost his cool, and spun himself out. What a chucklehead.

Kid was owning deputy dork until dad's expensive toy wet the bed. He got lucky.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL

Sorry, wrong link... Edited to the right one

4. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I want to use engines like that for big RC planes. I could totally dig, say a 1:3 scale P-38 Lightning, or a 1:3 scale P-51 Mustang, or a 1:3 scale Cassna 337.

I think all of those are seriously cool.

5. we need to get mini people now...

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I was thinking the very same thing!

7. imagine having to make a radio controlled scale person to control a for-real ferrari. Seriously cool, I love that.

8. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

+1

9. or like a full virtual reality suit which you could control mini you with!

10. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

If you examine the frames when they show when the car "dies" and the suspect is later caught, you will notice that they just reused the footage from when he made a U-turn. Apperently the suspect was not caught by the police; his father turned him in later.

11. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

12. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    How fast would something like that go? My old R/C car had a 3.3cc 2 stroke engine, which is equivalent in volume, though much more powerful than a full scale car with a 3.3L engine... that can pull 50,000 RPM. That 100cc engine looks pretty cool; I've never seen something so complex in a remote controlled car. The vast majority of R/C car engines are 2 stroke, 1 cylinder engines.

13. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
  14. It's all in the power to weight ratio if your talking theoretical top speed. But I don't think you could easily ballpark HP from a calculation based on the scale of the engine. Sure it works exactly like the full size but it doesn't have the same reciprocating mass as the real engine. I don't really know how that would work.

But it's my guess that this thing would fly. :bassist:

If you want to see some more eye-busting precision try this link: http://craftsmanshipmuseum.com/

15. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    I've seen things like that, but drag cars and 1/4 scale aren't very popular nowadays. I was thinking more along the lines of 8th scale or smaller.