Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The coolest project over the summer!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bstguitarist, Jul 30, 2004.

1. I recently got a new bass and you can check out the whole story about it at the link! I'm really proud to have been able to do what I did to it and everything is in the story. just grab a cup of your favorite coffee if your not a fast reader and enjoy the story and photos.

http://guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8190

:bassist:

2. Nice work! :D Ever solve the puzzle of the buzzing A?

3. A temporary fix is just to slip a tiny little piece of paper between the string and the nut. This should relieve any open string buzzing.

4. thanks I will try that paper trick. BTW what could be a permanent fix? could I have cut the string to short? or is it really just that I need to replace the nut or do I need to mod in another string tree?

5. ok I fixed the bass with the paper trick thing for now and I uploaded a sound file of this bass. The link is located on the first post of the link to the forum that you view the pics and story of the bass on. BTW I am pretty sure it it a 1982 Peavey Patriot Bass :hyper: !

Bstguitarist,
    Hope you like it.
    :bassist:

6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Looks like it has a Rickenbacker-style humbucker. You could upgrade it with a new pickup -- Seymour Duncan makes rick replacements, you can get an actual Rick pickup aftermarket, and I'm sure other companies make some.