1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The coolest stage moves...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jazzboi, Jan 13, 2008.

1. jazzboi

jazzboi

Jan 10, 2008
    Hungary
    So, I would like to know a bunch of stage moves. Such as,stage diving,power slide :D, bouncing around,and etc. Have you got any suggestions,ideas, and tips-tricks? :p

Do you thing a bass player should be standing in one place,or should he/she rock to the music,jump around, and things like that.( of course if he/she can stay in tune,and rhytm )

2. Best stage trick? Being able to actually play!

For best stage tricks, Pete Koller (guitarist) of Sick of it All, takes it hands down, the mans getting on a bit now, and still diving around alike a loon, sideways somersaults and everything, without missing a note :) (bloomin nice chap too)

3. I stab out all my speaker cones with my bass' headstock before we start the show. Then I repeatedly swing the bass like a baseball bat into the side of the cabinet. They both usually break at about the same time. Homerun. By the time my band plays the first note, I'm all out of stage moves.

Mike

4. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    Watch lots of old music (performance) videos.

Years ago, stoned as ****, I climbed up on top of one of the PA stacks during a gig, misjudged and fell face first onto the ground. This is not a recommended stage move.

5. bearfoot

bearfoot Inactive

Jan 27, 2005
    Chittenango, NY
    As a strange variant, I saw the keyboard/bandleader bang on the bassists strings with fat, bright yellow plastic bats.

But the stage antics I have been responsible for were, beyond general goofing, playing amusing interludes or doing voices and odd annoucements to entertain the audience in between songs (been in a lot of instrument switching bands)
    - I once consumed some large peices of a huge raw portabella mushroom for visual effect
    - there were several kazoo-inspired episodes, the first of which was the funniest because the audience was not at all into it. I had worked it out with one of the merchant/craftsmen travelling with us to toss out large numbers of small plastic kazoos to the audience at the start of a bouncy early jazz cover we were doing towards the end of the set. It was more like the audience was being pelted with unwanted kazoos - the whole tossing part of it was ill concieved :) - we had kazoos ourself onstage and were getting progressively goofy in the extreme, but no amount of effort could get these people at all amused, and it was just a disaster.
    I still haven't pulled off the kazoo thing as well as envisioned, but, you know, you got to hone these things.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021