Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

the coolest wife in the world

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kroth, Apr 7, 2003.

1. kroth

kroth

Apr 6, 2003
    a few years ago I got really burned out on music and sold off most of my gear for really low prices. That lasted about two months before I went nuts and realized I have to play. My cool wife stashed some of the loot from my sales and when I started to jones, she went to the local music store and bought me a really nice, black fender P-bass special, with the P/J pu's and the gold anodized pickgaurd. she said that I needed to play again. She always helps me load in and out at gigs, carries a gig bag or two and is really the very coolset spouse on the whole planet.

2. awesome stuff :)

Free basses always rock.. :)

hope you get your feeling back for the beat, asap!!!

rock on!

:bassist:

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    congrats on returning to the fold, dude, and special boo-yah for getting the spousal support :).

4. bass27

bass27

Apr 1, 2003
    My wife is also very cool... Ten years ago (before we met) I sold my drumset to buy a harley.. For several years I have debated the intellegence of that decision (the bike was all that but I loved my kit ya know) so for three years I have wanted to buy a bass ( but being generally broke I just kept it to my self) we came into some cash early this yr. so wife says to me "I want to get you a toy for valentines what do you want" I told her I was thinking about a bass. We went over picked out the color and I've been on it sense..

She seems pleased I have a hobby that I enjoy soo much, and has even been cool about other expenses involved, case ,amp amd the like...

she can be damn cool, that one!!:bassist:

When she wants to be:bag:

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    my old lady is really cool also. she's used to me being out of town and doesn't get pissed or anything like that. we both know that space can be a great passion builder for a relationship. when we are away from each other for a few days, man it's great when i get home! ;)

last time i went to DC, i was gone for a week and when i came home after the trip, we were lil' rabbits! :eek:

6. kroth - good for you, bro!! It's nice when your better half encourages your identity like that.:)

^ I hear ya, bass27!!!;)

7. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    ..."she went to the local music store and bought me a really nice, black fender P-bass special, with the P/J pu's and the gold anodized pickgaurd. she said that I needed to play again. She always helps me load in and out at gigs, carries a gig bag or two and is really the very coolset spouse on the whole planet."

How much for her sister?
    ;)

8. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    hey, kroth, can my fiance hang oput with your wife? We bass players need more women like that!!!

9. kroth

kroth

Apr 6, 2003
    hi'yall! bet your big bottom I need to get back in the swing. really sucks growing up, buying houses, all that garbage, but the worst is behind now, and I look forward to the nightlife again. that was the worst period in my life, not playing even for a short spell, but the cloud has lifted, I can see clearly now and it is time to bring the groove to the people.
    and yes , my wife has a sister, but she ain't the musical type like that. sorry all you bachelor bass players. and for what it's worth, I have been woodshedding for the duration of my sabbatical, need to let it all hang out . I can't walk into my music room without picking up one of my basses, and spank the plank for an hour or so. peace out , ciao for now

10. shaboda

shaboda

Apr 14, 2002
    My Wife got me a Ibanez ATK 4 string With KOA top and Maple board for Xmas in '96. Very cool :> -- it has the musicman vibe. for sure.... she also helps roadie and stuff.... hehe...

11. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    My wife encouraged me to buy another bass.
    I was simply stating how nice this bass was or how nice that bass sounded, and she told to buy the bass I want. I said thats nice and all but I can't do it, I just could not justify the purchase. She told me to just "DO IT". So I ended up buying a Jerzy Drozd Excellency IV/28. I still feel guilty but I think that feeling will be gone as soon as the bass gets here, hopefully later this week.

12. Harpo

Harpo

Feb 1, 2001
    Kings Park NY
    My wife is the best she bought me this Stingray5 for my 40th and threw me a party I have the best wife in the world

13. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, lest i forget to mention it, my wife got me this for a wedding present...

[​IMG]

14. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    You just show your monsters off to increase peoples hatred/jealousy of you, don't you?;)

She have a sister? :D

15. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, but her sister has a son your age. :eek: she's obviously an older sister.

16. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Hey, it works ;)

17. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Dude, consider yourself blessed-my last g/f got seriously on my case...
    "You need to forget about your bass and band obsession and get on with your life and get a real job. You care more about your music than me."
    Ya know what? she was Right, I do care more about my bass, I just didn't know it at the time. She wanted a song about her, oh ya..she's gonan get one :D ;) We still talk though. And yes I'm shutting up now :)

18. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

And how old were you when she wanted you to get a "real job?" You're about 18 now right? Seems kinda young to *already* have a woman nagging you like that about something you can't even really get unless her definition of a "real job" is flipping burgers or working retail. That to me is a bad sign, I think you made the right choice. ;)

Just keep on playing bass :bassist:

19. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I really like to read uplifting stuff like this and the other posts in this thread.

It's amazing what a good woman can do. They can be priceless. My sweetheart is like this which is a big change from my last wife.

20. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I told mine that I saw a nice bass at sam ash. She said she would like to see it. We went there and she bought the bass FOR ME. This is the bass. And by the way I already had 9 axes! She's the best!