1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Corvette Hot Rod (4 string vs 5 string)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by optic, Aug 22, 2007.

1. optic

optic

Nov 18, 2002
    Sweden
    One year ago i picked up a 4string version of the Corvette Hot Rod LTD, and it totally blew me away. The first bass I ever liked more then my Thumb Bolt-On when it comes to playability, and it was very light for being a warwick aswell.

My main question is since the 4 string version has MEC active P/P pickups, while the 5 string has active MEC H/H soapbars , whats the big difference when it comes to sound? Im deeply in to funk&soul, and recently joined a very successfull reggaeband, so I need the bass to kind of match these. I will be playing thru a 2*12 EBS neo cabinett with a Thunderfunk-top.

And for my second question, do you have any comments at all regarding the bass (4string or 5string). I have found very few threads about it, along with some few reviews. Is it really the funkmonster as some sais it to be. I recon the sound will be a diffrent from my Thumb since its diffrent wood and diffrent electronics

Im very thankful for all comments :hyper:
    PS Sorry for the long post

2. optic

optic

Nov 18, 2002
    Sweden
    Btw, here are the specs on the bass, which can be found on www.warwick.de

US Swamp Ash body, 2-piece design with hollow tone chambers
    intricate veneer lining
    3/8" AAA Flamed Maple top
    Flamed Maple neck with Flamed Maple fingerboard and "Planet" inlays, 24 frets
    Fingerboard radius: 4-string = 500 mm (20"), 5-string = 640 mm (25,5")
    Scale length: 34" (long)
    MEC active P/P pickups (4 string), active MEC H/H soapbars (5 string)
    Satin tinted finish
    Black hardware
    Active MEC 3-band electronics
    Warwick security locks
    Available as 4- or 5-string version
    LTD number plate and handsigned by Hans Peter Wilfer on the back of the headstock
    Comes with "Premium Line Plus" RockBag® for bass guitar

3. optic

optic

Nov 18, 2002
    Sweden
    *bump*
    plz help :(

4. NewGuy

NewGuy Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Yeah, I would really like to know more about how the Hot Rod 5 string sounds too. I even put a post on the Warwick forum but nobody had any insight.

It sure is a beauty and I've been thinking of getting one but...

5. optic

optic

Nov 18, 2002
    Sweden
    Yeah, it feels like its the least warwick bass talked about =/
    But someone should be able to know about the pickups, which were my main question =/