Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The cost of reckless driving...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 5stringDNA, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    A good friend of mine had some cousins involved in a very serious accident, they were the two that lived in that crumpeled mess however. This is really making me think about how careful I am behind the wheel.

edited-if you wanna see the stuff that badly, I can PM the link.

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Seriously, as much as I think the message is a good one, do you really think that link is appropriate for TB?

3. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Just making a point Mark, words just don't do it unfortunately :(- I don't intend to offend- I put the warning and note to the mods because I realized it may be more than is appropriate.

4. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    I think that one where the brains spill out onto the guys lap may be a bit over the line...

I can appreciate the message though. A friend of a friend (who I was actually friends with) wrapped his car around a lightpost because he was driving drunk. He had no seatbelt. He went through the windshield and landed about 50 feet away with his brains splattered on the pavement.

He was a good guy.

5. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I know...as I said, the message is a good one, but the rules stipulate:

"Obscene material is not permitted, nor are links to websites containing such material.t. If what you have to say wouldn't be suited for network TV, don't post it here"

And I dare say, those photo's wouldn't make it on to network TV in Australia, let alone the US, which is far more conservative.

6. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    that was the most horrifying car wreck i've ever seen. I say this because I drive like a chick sometimes--a relatively safe dick but still, that's gonna change.

7. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
  8. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I edited the links to not include the brains spilling out and all teh gore, I think the smashed car is enough to make the point. Sorry if I offended guys. I was glad my buddy's family survived.

9. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I wish I had never seen that. I feel sick.

10. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    Whoops...that was a girl whose brains spilled all over her lap. I can imagine the driver was sued into the ground.

11. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Not cool, or appropriate for this site at all IMO. Kids of all ages view here, and some could be pretty traumatized by this.

No offense, but some bad judgement here.

12. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
  13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I think the photos should have stayed up for exactly those reasons. It'd give the kids something to think about while they're weaving through lanes at 100 mph in heavy traffic.

14. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Instead of Janet Jackson's nipple? :D

15. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I agree somewhat, I hate reckless, idiot drivers as much as anyone. Still, no one needs to see dead bodies, not here anyway IMO.

16. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I'll look at nipples (any nipples) gladly before stuff like that. Well, wait a minute.....

17. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    I find my own nipples more entertaining than that. And I'm a guy. Tim I better not catch you trying to sneak a peak at my titties!! :eek:

18. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    OK, here y'go.

[​IMG]

19. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    You guys that think it's cool to drive fast and reckless should see that stuff in person. A pic doesn't do it justice.

20. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

I'm so glad I missed the link... last time I saw pictures on the 'net of an accident, I couldn't sleep for weeks. It's different when it's a real person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.