1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Cover for Rock N Roll Fame guitarist JEFF BECKs New DVD .

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by KoalaDummy, Mar 18, 2009.

1. KoalaDummy

KoalaDummy

Mar 16, 2009
    Jeff Beck is one of my favorite guitarist. I love him live, and I've been Rocking out to his Live Cd from about a year ago. I didn't have the chance to see the show the cd is based on, so I'm glad they are releasing a DVD ..I found the cheapest price here http://tinyurl.com/JeffBeckBuyLink .. gotta love Amazon.

Anyways tell me this mans guitar skills are like no other. This man is a freakin legend ... finally he gets the credit he deserves and is inducted into the Rock N Roll hall of fame .. anyone see this show live

515vVIaFNHL._SS500_. It's got to to be a pretty sick show if they're releasing it on March 31. Has anyone got to this show ?

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I bought the Live at Ronnie Scott's cd a few months back...I have been waiting for the DVD release. March 31st, huh?

3. wodock

wodock Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Sergeantsville, NJ
    No but I saw the Jeff Brck Group in 1968 at the Electric Factory in Philly. This was with Rod Stewart, Ron Wood, Nickey Hopkins and Mickey Waller Jeff Beck Group. The opening Band was Ten Years After with Alvin Lee who was the hot guitar player of the month. And Alvin Lee sure was fast and the band was good and the crowd was wild about them. I remember thinking how can Beck come on after this... Well the Jeff Beck Group blew them away. He is an amazing guitarist - a sound and style unlike anybody else - when you hear him playing you know who it is.

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I know why they don't, but I really wish they would release the CDs and DVDs at the same time i.e. the Return To Forever CD that came out Tue and the DVD next month.:meh:

Back on topic, I've always loved Beck, but even if I didn't I would have bought his CDs because of his sublime taste in bass players.;)

5. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    These recent Jeff Beck threads got me re-visiting the 2 Jeff Beck Group albums...I kinda blew them off in the '70s...now (2009), I'm diggin' them. I also forked out some Import $ for a used Hummingbird cd. Pretty cool stuff.

6. jonster

jonster

Nov 12, 2008
  7. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    not to many guitar player's Id pay to play with - Beck is one of them. Oddly, he seems to not be keen on having bassists with him (he has several recordings sans bassists)

8. Thangfish

Thangfish ...overly qualified for janitorical deployment...

I think Blow By Blow and Wired are two of the best albums ever.

9. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...not a weak track on Blow By Blow.
    Honestly, I was a little let down, initially, with Wired. I mean, BBB was one tough act to foillow.

10. I saw the previous tour with Randy Hope-Taylor (if I have that name right) on bass. Vinnie's playing was a bit over the top, but it was smoking. IMO, the band sounds MUCH better with Tal than Randy. Something just didn't quite click between Randy and Vinnie, but Tal just locks that section IMO!

11. +3.142857... :D I love the sound of the band with Tal! This DVD will definitely be in the collection.