Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The crackle in my knob

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CSB, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSB

CSB

Feb 23, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    Need more feedback about the little crackle I hear through my amp when I turn a knob. The bass is new. Should I take it back? I did get good feedback from a few. THANK YOU. Looking for more thoughts. It does not affect tone. It is very quiet when I listen but I am picky. expectially because it is new. Only happens when all is quiet and I am listening for it. I like the bass and would be sad to take back but I do not want this problem to get worse.:help:

2. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Nothing that a little spray of tuner cleaner won't correct. Go to Radio Shack and purchase some. It comes with a little small straw that allows you to spray it into the pot cavity. Once you spray it into the casing of the pot, rotate the knob fully back and forth a few times. Should take care of it.

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    CSB, your earlier post about this was moved to the Repair forum (where it belonged). Please use that thread instead of starting new ones - this is not on topic for the Basses forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.