Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Cubs?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by merlin, Oct 17, 2003.

1. So whats this i hear about The Cubs? I see this young lad catching the ball and continuing the Cubs bad luck.....

in true aussie attitude.... that kid is a hero. :p

:D:D

Merls

2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Of course!!!

Everyone who is mad at that guys is a HUGE hypocrite. Anyone and everyone in the world would have tried to catch the ball, Cubs fan or not. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves and everyone else.

The proof of that: Look at the video clip of him catching (or at least knocking it away). EVERYONE AROUND HIM TRIED TO DO IT TOO! Everyone withing a 1 or 2 seat radius around him was reaching in there too.

Anyone who was there would have tried to get the ball. Anyone who says they wouldn't have tried to get is a liar.

3. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    The Cubs simply didn't have a World Series caliber team. They had championship pitching with a bush league bullpen, and an offense that was sporadic, at best. The Cubs blew a 3-1 lead in the Pennant race. Blaming one fan for that is idiotic.

I was ecstatic, however, that they made it as far as they did.

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    bummer

6. Gabe

Gabe

Jan 21, 2003
    At Latin American pro games people sit on the wall with their feat hanging over the field, the games still seem to go relatively smoothly.

For the most part, anyone who blames games on freak occurances, umpires, or really any specific event in a game doesn't really think it out very well. You can always trace the run back further than the event that everyone gets worked up about.

I still think that before people get worked up about the fans at Major League games, they should do something about the rabid little league parents.

7. People take sport way to seriously IMHO.

Its just a game....

Merls

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I don't know if this is true or not but my singer told me one of the local Chicago newspapers relealsed the persons name, address phone # & work address & he's been getting all kinds of harrasment & death threats. :(

9. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Yeah, his name and address have been all over the radio, and sometimes on TV. I get the Chicago Tribune and the Daily Herald ('burb paper), and they both kept his info under wraps, as far as I saw. (Though I missed a day or two here or there.)

The whole scenario is ridiculous and sickening.

As a silver lining, though, I heard the Florida Marlins offered the guy season tickets for life. (No joke!) :D:D

10. Yeah i see now he has police guard at all times..... now they ASSUME the police arent cubs fans.... hello they have guns..

Oh wait so does half of america *shrugs* it evens out :p

Merls