The Cult- new bassist?/Chris Chaney replaces Martyn Lenoble in Jane's Addiction

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by The Mock Turtle Regulator, Aug 26, 2002.

1. The Cult's Billy Morrison officially quit the band a few weeks ago, and Ian Astbury is to sing with The Doors' reunion gigs in september(!), but The Cult are sheduled to start gigging again in October- anyone know who's the new bassist?

meanwhile Martyn Lenoble (who was in The Cult circa 1999/2000) has left/been fired from Jane's Addiction- Chris Chaney is filling in on the UK dates- interesting as original JA bassist is working with Alanis Morrisette- Chris Chaney's former employer.
  2. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I wish Eric Avery would rejoin JA. I'm a longtime JA fan, but without the original members, it just doesn't seem the same to me.
  3. Eric is playing with Alanis? Good God! Maybe I should get in touch with Perry and the boys and fill his spot... after all, I'm an Avery too (I've never met Eric, but I AM probably related) and the bass is in the blood.
  4. also there's a rumour going around that Eric Avery is "romantically involved" with Alanis Morrisette.

re. The Cult, apparently drummer Matt Sorum has left to record/gig with fellow ex-GNR members Slash and Duff McKagan.

The Cult are reported to be regrouping with Craig Adams (bass) and Scott Garrett (drums), both of whom played on the 1994 "The Cult" album, and also Billy Duffy's Coloursound sideproject, and were with The Mission (Craig Adams being a founder member) until recently.
  5. Rumour is that Flea will be replacing Martyn in the studio. I'm still going to try to get in contact with them, though.