Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Cult touring

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LarryO, Feb 10, 2006.

1. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    Ian and Billy are at it again.. Tour dates are announced. I am not sure who will pick up bass duties or who will sit behind the drums. Matt Sorum is in the studio with at least 2 bands right now.

Anyone else have more info? Any other fans?

2. I saw them on the tour behind the album with "rise" on it. They were OK. I saw the Cardboard Vampyres- that show was a lot of fun. They looked like they were having a blast!

I heard they booted Billy Morrison, so... anyone's guess...

3. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    wrong forum.

:bag: :D

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    :bassist: I played out my Electric cassette back in the 80s. These guys rock.:bassist:

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Moved to misc.

6. Ian Astbury's posting on the official forum-

http://www.thecult.us/forum/index.php

someone's claiming Chris Wyse (brought in for sessions on the 2001 Beyond Good and Evil album when Martyn Lenoble dropped out) will be on bass.

Craig Adams might also be in the running, but he's probably busy with The Alarm.

7. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    I liked every album from the guys except for the self title album the released in 1994. I've never heard Dreamtime. But Love, Electric, Sonic Temple, Ceremony and Beyond Good and Evil all rocked. I won't get a chance to see them on this tour but I hope they stick together long enough to record some new material. Ian and Billy are great together.

8. Dreamtime's got a strong goth influence- eg. Go west, Rider in the snow. Resurrection joe is from the same era (great bassline)
    "God's zoo" by the early Cult incarnation as Death Cult is in a similar vein.

I like the self-titled 1994 album more than Ceremony (IMO a bit bloated)- the riff for "Be free" got reused for "my bridges burn" on Beyond good and evil.

9. Bigby

Bigby

Dec 30, 2005
    Awesome! Opened for those guys back in 1987...now I"m dating myself.

10. Wow The Cult were one of my favorit bands in the 80's. I saw them 3 times. My very first concert was The Cult in 1987 as Headliners with a little known act known ( at the time) as Guns and Roses opening. This was at The Verdun Auditorium in Montreal on the Electric Tour.
    I then saw them twice on the Sonic Temple with Bonham opening. !st night in Ottawa tne next night in Montreal.
    I bought Cermony but when they came to town I decided not to go as my own little protest for Jaime Stewart not being in the band probabley my loss as Lenny Kravitz was opening.
    Anyhow this is good news I hope they make it up to Canada.

11. Bigby

Bigby

Dec 30, 2005
    Hey Canada, can you send the Tragically Hip back down this way? heheheh Love that band...

12. Bigby I will send you the Tragically Hip if you send me One of the following. Lenny Kravitz or Queensryche, Foo Fighters, Goo Goo Dolls (For my Wife), Skid Row.
    If there is anything else I can do for you let me know. Ha Ha

13. Bigby

Bigby

Dec 30, 2005
    I'll see if I can get Sabastian on the phone and work something out. :D

14. official statement;

"joining The Cult on bass will be Chris Wyse (Cardboard Vampyres, Jerry Cantrell), who performed on The Cult's, Beyond Good & Evil release, and John Tempesta (White Zombie, Helmet), who will be handling the drums."

15. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    sound like a solid line up. I just hope Ian still has vocal cords and the guys go into the studio. I thought beyond good and evil was there 2nd best album (Love being the 1st)

16. Chris Wyse at a recent Cult gig;

[​IMG]

interesting Fender- PJ precision with Tele headstock.