1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

the cure

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by emo_trash, Jun 29, 2005.

1. emo_trash

emo_trash Guest

Jun 28, 2005
    hell
    whats the cures bassists name and wut kind of equipment does he use

teehee equipment :p

2. mr e

mr e

Nov 17, 2003
    nyc
    simon gallup
    i've seen him with a rick, and a thunderbird
    plus a hollow-body - unsure of the make
    pretty sure its boss pedals all the way

robert will also be seen with a fender vi
    into a peavey amp, if i recall

3. Simon Gallups' hollowbody basses= Gibson EB2, custom built Dick Knight long scale, Washburn (AB32?) on the Disintegration tour, Epiphone Jack Cassady.
    he also used a Stingray, Rick 4003 and a P bass in the early days.

but he mainly uses a Gibson Thunderbird now.

amps= Ampeg SVT's.

4. emo_trash

emo_trash Guest

Jun 28, 2005
    hell
    xanx buds i apritiate it.

5. origami

origami

Jun 26, 2005
    Big D TEXAS
    I am a massive cure fan. I hope my info is close to correct.

Simon Gallup has used a variety of basses, but usually usues just Boss pedals. The key is playing with a pick. A lot of songs have chorus, flange, delay or a little OD.

check out "Show" or "Orange" or "Trilogy" and be amazed!!!

Currently: Simon is using a Gibson Thunderbird into SVT head/ampeg cabs. He has used this set up since @wild mood swings. Although he did play a Schleter(sp) bass once on the tonight show to promote the last LP.

Simon used a custom-made Eb-2 style bass for quite a while (kiss me, disintegration, wish era).

Simon also used a Music Man Stingray (head on the door era). He plays this bass in cure's Orange. He was playing through a Peavey Head into a combination of 15" and 10" cabinets, and different Peavey heads.

The Cure used a lot of Peavey gear. Robert played through Peavey stuff for both guitar, keyboard, bassVI ampflification forever before going to Line6.

Simon also played a RIC and a Fender P-Bass on various songs/in various videos. A lot of Fender Bass VI is all over Cure records, but many upper regester lines are actually played on Bass.

MM