the cure

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by emo_trash, Jun 29, 2005.

1. emo_trash

emo_trash Guest

Jun 28, 2005
    whats the cures bassists name and wut kind of equipment does he use

teehee equipment :p
  2. mr e

mr e

Nov 17, 2003
    simon gallup
    i've seen him with a rick, and a thunderbird
    plus a hollow-body - unsure of the make
    pretty sure its boss pedals all the way

robert will also be seen with a fender vi
    into a peavey amp, if i recall
  3. Simon Gallups' hollowbody basses= Gibson EB2, custom built Dick Knight long scale, Washburn (AB32?) on the Disintegration tour, Epiphone Jack Cassady.
    he also used a Stingray, Rick 4003 and a P bass in the early days.

but he mainly uses a Gibson Thunderbird now.

amps= Ampeg SVT's.
  4. emo_trash

emo_trash Guest

Jun 28, 2005
    xanx buds i apritiate it.
  5. origami

Jun 26, 2005
    Big D TEXAS
    I am a massive cure fan. I hope my info is close to correct.

Simon Gallup has used a variety of basses, but usually usues just Boss pedals. The key is playing with a pick. A lot of songs have chorus, flange, delay or a little OD.

check out "Show" or "Orange" or "Trilogy" and be amazed!!!

Currently: Simon is using a Gibson Thunderbird into SVT head/ampeg cabs. He has used this set up since @wild mood swings. Although he did play a Schleter(sp) bass once on the tonight show to promote the last LP.

Simon used a custom-made Eb-2 style bass for quite a while (kiss me, disintegration, wish era).

Simon also used a Music Man Stingray (head on the door era). He plays this bass in cure's Orange. He was playing through a Peavey Head into a combination of 15" and 10" cabinets, and different Peavey heads.

The Cure used a lot of Peavey gear. Robert played through Peavey stuff for both guitar, keyboard, bassVI ampflification forever before going to Line6.

Simon also played a RIC and a Fender P-Bass on various songs/in various videos. A lot of Fender Bass VI is all over Cure records, but many upper regester lines are actually played on Bass.