The Cyclops Blowed Up!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Al Steen, Mar 5, 2001.

1. Al Steen

Al Steen

Feb 1, 2000
    Gol durn it!

We were over at Leeds learning how to play the new album and it just went mute. The preamp still works as I had output to the board but no power amps :( I was running it bridged about 3/4s of the way up with my little Jetstar. I had just switched over from my 53 p-bass (basslines P/U) and had to turn the preamp up cause that old hofner P/U is a lot quieter. Oh Well.
    I took it straight to Carvin and they say 3 weeks to get it back. It's 1year and 1 Month old (1 Mo out of warranty) and has prolly 200 hours on it. Now we'll see how their service is .. Al

BTW, the new Album is called Damning Pictures and is available here hint hint
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Al- You say you ran it bridged with your "little Jetstar." What were you bridging it into? The only Jetstar I know of is the DeArmond Jetstar, other than the reggae artist.

Also, how did Carvin treat you since it was out of warranty?
  3. Al Steen

Al Steen

Feb 1, 2000
    I was running the Cyclops in "bridged mode" (aka Mono) as it's a little louder that way.

I was using my 64 Guild Jetstar (lower left in the pic below) that they copied when they did the D'Armond.

Carvin's been cool so far but all I've done so far is drop it off @ the West Covina store. .. Al

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

:eek: Bridged switch depressed on the back of the head and no other cab to bridge it into?!?!? I think that's why it fried. I tried it once and it was almost like I was using my stack. (If you mean "Full Range" on the front, that's different).

Anyway, glad you didn't have to ship it as would I.

Your collection of Guilds is appreciated! Takes me back to my early days. I used to get excited by their catalogs and Goya's (even though they weren't in the bass business). Fine collection of vintage you have!
  5. fender58

fender58 Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Southern California
    Al, is that a jet star 2 in the middle on the bottom? I have one that I think is like it and it says Jet Star 2 inside. What do you know about them other than it has a FAT tone? Is the small toggle switch for single coil? Thanks. I never have seen them before yours(if it is) and mine. Thanks again
  6. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    really wonderful basses, al. i like them a lot!