The D*A*M /EFE Club

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jazznrick, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    GMC likes this.
  2. Member List
    #1- jazznrick - Ezekiel 25:17
    #2- fuzzonaut - Dope Priest #7
    #3- skybone - Sonic Titan, Red Rooster

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  3. @Fuzzonaut i need you to get this rocket into the ionosphere

Fuzzonaut likes this.
  4. Here's my Ezekiel on and old board IMG_1410.jpg

5. Fuzzonaut

Fuzzonaut

Aug 27, 2013
    Switzerland
    Good morning ladies and gentlemen, get ready for take off.

I own a Dope Priest #7 and it hasn't left my board since I got it (very uncommon for dirt pedals with me). I love muffs and this is an absolutely amazing piece of gear. It's smooth, yet thunderous, it can be dark but also cutting, it just goes BOOM any way you set the controls!

boom.jpg

I do have an Ezekiel clone (actually a double pedal: Ezekiel into Fuzz Face) that sounds great, but I'd loooooooove to step on the real thing!
    Pricey stuff, yeah, but for me, so far, the DP #7 is totally worth the price of admission.

What other DAM/EFE pedals work well on bass? Please share!

6. Skybone

Skybone

Jun 20, 2016
    Scotland
    I've never owned an Ezekiel, but I have used one. Managed to buy one from Dave a number of years back for a friend and had a shot of that. Awesome sounding pedal.

I currently own a Sonic Titan and a Red Rooster, but I have owned a good number of D*A*M pedals over the years.

Meathead Deluxe (#007), Meathead (numerous), Professional MkII, Ram Head (one of a very limited run), Drag'n'Fly, FuzzRong (another one from a very limited run), Fuzzsound (from the second ever batch), Fuzzaround (from the second ever batch again), and a couple of others. Some of those I had more than one version of, but I'm just down to the Titan and the Rooster now. Was a member of the Forum for a while.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    jazznrick and Fuzzonaut like this.
  7. updated member list. currently I'm interested in the Blue Bum Fuzz

8. Skybone, which ones sounded good on bass?

9. Skybone

Skybone

Jun 20, 2016
    Scotland
    The Meathead / Meathead Deluxe sounded great with bass, as did the Ram Head & Pro MkII. The fuzz is thick & gnarly without losing too much low end. I always wanted to try the Titan with the bass as well, I expect it to be superb with the bass, as it is with the guitar. It has a real Rat-like growl to it. Its Tone control is a bass roll-off, so you start at full whack & roll it back when you find the best sound.

Bizarrely enough, Dave is a bass player as well as a pedal designer / builder. Plays a mean guitar too.

To be fair though, having heard the full range of the Ezekiel, it still stands out as one of the finest bass distortion / fuzz pedals ever.

The story behind that is, I switched to guitar for writing, ended up forming a band playing guitar and found a very good bass player for the band. I managed to pick up an Ezekiel for him, and was present while he was trying to "find his sound" with it.

jazznrick likes this.
  10. wow, what a NICE gift!!! so which kind of meathead did you play bass on? that'll most likely be my next D*A*M purchase

11. Skybone

Skybone

Jun 20, 2016
    Scotland
    It wasn't a gift, he asked me to ask if they had one, they did so I bought it, and he paid me back. He asked me to play his bass while he played with the settings, then he played and I adjusted the settings.

I tried it with both the MeatHead Deluxe and one of the then standard MeatHead's (guitar voiced, not the "Dark"/M13 version). IIRC, the MHD sounded better on bass than the standard MH, but the standard MH sounded great anyway.

jazznrick likes this.
  12. GMC

GMC

Jan 1, 2006
    Wiltshire, UK
    Does a Ezekiel clone count? I built it myself using a Fuzz dog kit. It sounds awesome and it's SO versatile.

jazznrick likes this.
  13. sure, we can use all the members we can get. Isn't the Ezekiel great?

GMC likes this.
  14. I received a brand new Dope Priest #7 yesterday!! It's freaking awesome IMG_1744 (1).JPG

15. misa

misa

Dec 30, 2011
    Count me in. I have a few, mostly guitar focused. Probably the most favorable for bass from the bunch is a big box Emanating Fist Black Dust.

jazznrick likes this.
  16. Just got this today, got a pretty good deal. Came with a bunch of gunk on the back(pictured). 45 minutes with some Goo Be Gone and a rag and I'm pretty happy. IMG_0002.jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg IMG_0003.JPG

Fuzzonaut and theunknowndude like this.
  17. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    Ordered a Dope Priest #7, excited to try it.

Matt Dean and jazznrick like this.
  18. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    Where did you order from?

19. misa

misa

Dec 30, 2011
    Matt Dean likes this.
  20. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    jazznrick and vivaknoxvegas like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021