Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Dark Tower Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by page, Jan 3, 2006.

1. WARNING! If you are reading the Darktower series or will in the future do not read this thread because it will probaly spoil the ending.

So anyway. When I started reading the series I made a thread about Steven King and alot of you mentioned you'd like to discuss it. Well here ya go.

First off I gotta say that the series ended magnificently. Roland reaching the top and then ending up at the beginning.......wow. Never saw that coming till about two sentence's before. During the entire series I was making predictions in my head of what would happen. But in that last chapter , when he came to the tower....I had no clue what would happen, couldn't even come up with an idea. My only complaint was the way King so easily eliminated Randal Flagg. Over the course of many books Flagg had become one of my favorite King characters. He was evil, mysterious, and seemingly indestructable . I just don't see how King could so easily dispatch him by making him feed himself to Mordred. And by revealing so much about him , it just totally demystified the character. I guess it had to happen though.

Though it never said anything about this, Im pretty sure Roland's world was a future version of the modern world . I think that the North Central Positronics were the "old people" and they probaly ruined everything with nuclear war or something. Resulting in muties and all the other weird stuff . How else do you explain Lud and the gas stations in Mejis , etc.....

and one more question , Who is Bango Skank?

Now discuss.