The Days away from new bass thread

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Coutts_is_god, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Well I'm days away from my new bass, This is make's my move from beginner to intermident complete. These are what I am thinking of buying.

Used Fender P I know what it is know how it sound plays and know everything about these basses. If I buy one It will last forever and can be used for almost anything. The highways felt to fake for me and the colours I don't like.

Aerodyne is to much of a jazz I think for me. No dots and to glossy. Other then that I like.

ESP B 154 I like how this baby play and sounds and the price is amazing. I also liked the 5 string of this bass to. It is kind of a beginner to active pup and such but that see thru blue is great.

WashBurn taruse(SP) I love the look and feel of the neck. The neck wasn't as thin as fender Jazz but had close tone. Only problem is I only like the all knobs trun to 10 tone on Jazz bass' Problem is its a neck thrugh.

Bass' I'm looking at but haven't played.
    ESP Viper 254 I haven't played one yet I like the look and the custom pups that come with it. This bass would give my playing an edge that would be vary nice. Problem is its a neck thrugh

Fender Sting I like the wood grain showing but not the sunburst. I herd the pup isn't a good thumb rest and I really digg into the pup wih my thumb. I also love sting.

The New P bass special I herd is more for a Jazz bass player wanting a P. Then a P player looking for more.

Those are my choices if you think there kin of all over well I'm that way as a person. :D :hyper: :bassist:
  2. Just curious, but what's the problem with neck throughs?
  3. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    you thought about a used Fender Hot Rod Precision? Some guy has one on eBay, and NO it's not me, for like 9 bills. High... but discontinued and in good shape or so it appears. All passive, P neck, PJ pups. I'd love it with a J neck but that would just be wrong.
  4. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I have no problem with them. Like I don't hate them or something. I happen to think they look vary smooth. See in Windsor the weather changes alot sometime and different seasons bring different extremes. This plays a huge role on how my neck feels and reacts. It just something I personly have to look at. Like latly its been hot and humid and then it just went cool after alot of rain. My necks have changed alittle on my bass and guitar. Nothing major but I feel. I guess I can move when I'm older to a better climate to play bass. Such as Cally or tour bus ;)