The days of Liquid b****ing about being unemployed have finally come to an end

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Aug 20, 2002.

1. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I just got hired as a night time janitor at McDonald's today. I start next Monday. It's not what I'm quailified for (IT/Computers) but I'm going back to school next year anyways and I'm going to be hopefully taking my A+ and Microsoft certifications before then anyways. So I really don't need to be in a job that is "My career" right now.

Only two bad things though:

1. I have to shave off my goatee and take my ear ring out. (I feel like I'm selling out to the man here :( )

2. I have to work a lot of Friday and Saturday nights, which means I'm going to have to give up gigging for about a year. (Or unless I find another job that has day/weekday hours before I go back to school) I plan on using the down time to stay in the shed and maybe find a teacher so I can start studying Jazz.

On the plus side, I'm finally doing something with myself. It's a new expierence, and the main plus is I can buy the gear I've been wanting for a while. Mainly an SWR rig and a Carvin LB70. Oh I can't wait. Yippee :p
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    good luck with the job. contribute to tb now! :mad: :D (j/k)
  3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Piss on it and be a pro musician such as I. The food isn't as good but the hours are better. ;)
  4. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    hey, listen to "My dads a janitor" by SwitchBlade Kittens
  5. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    good luck with the new job...hope all works out for you...
  6. Emerald_gasH

Sep 17, 2000
    yays...more $$ to ya...

have fun hearing things go clankity-clank in the night at McDonald's

and don't eat too much of the food! it could make you obese!:rolleyes: :p
  7. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    dude the McDonalds here is open 24hrs...yours?
  8. Congrats of the job!!! Hope it all works out for ya!
  9. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    No, this McDonald's closes around 10, though I bet it could do some business if it stayed open all night. It's right off the interstate.

But that's why I took a janitor job at night at McDonalds. There's no way I could work there during the day and have to deal with customers. I would wind up punching someone out. :D

Hey Emerald, I'm a skinny guy, maybe the food would do me some good. ;)
  10. But it's McDonalds... I'd hesitate to use the word "food" here.

But, congratulations on the new job. If you want, I could fill in for you on the b****ing side because I'll be looking for a new job in the near future.
  11. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Shoot...I'm still looking for a job...Anyone looking for a cute blond to run their office?
  12. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Oh, man, I worked in one of those when I was living in Ohio. Saturdays would be hellish. No activity for 2 hours. All that wasted food, plus boredom. Suddenly, 2, 3 tour buses pull up and it gets insane. Thirty minutes later, boring again, but you feel ten years older.

Enjoy being a productive member of society. Feel free to keep all the boxes you unpack.;)
  13. PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Well done!!! But i must ask why you have to shave off your goatee?????
  14. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I have to shave it off for "Sanitary" reasons. I just think it has something to do with adjusting to a conservative image really, since McDonalds is catering to America if you know what I mean.

Hey Pick, have you been to Metal Rules latley?
  15. PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Nagh havent been there for ages. My profile was deleted or something so i didnt exist anymore. Should probably go back there one day.
  16. basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC
    how much does one get paid at McD's?

if you dont mind me asking..
  17. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN

18. hey liquid,
    hows the job going,is that the mickey d's,by the turnpike ?
  19. 70 cents below minimum wage and all the fries you can eat, it's a pretty good deal
  20. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Actually, I quit after the first night. The job has a huge employee turn-over and after that night I understood why. I don't want to seem spoiled or lazy, but I played in grease all night, really. Plus I had to push 300 pound ovens around and I'm not a real buff guy or anything. I looked at myself in the mirror wearing a mcdonald's uniform, with my shaved off goatee, and covered in crap, with a diploma in IT, and asked myself what the hell was I doing there. I GAVE UP MUSIC FOR THIS!!!!!

So my family seemed to really support me quiting so I did. I don't want to sound like a spoiled punk or anything, espcially considering how much I use to complain about not working but this job was definatley bottom of the barrel. Espcially considering I was giving up playing out for it.

On that note, going to look for a job still until I go back to college next fall, but my main goal is to get into another gigging band and just make my money that way. (I don't have a family or morgage payment, so playing a gig every weekend will keep me content for the time being) So I'm in touch with 2 guys from two different bands right now, I just have to set up some auditions. Maybe we'll get to jam out together at a benefit gig then or something Frank.

Oh, by the way, it was the McDonald's in Milesburg right by I-80.