The Days of Progressive Blues/Rock

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bluewine, Jan 23, 2009.

1. bluewine

bluewine Inactive

Sep 4, 2008
    WI
    I hope the over 50 crowd here still appreciates the days of progressive blues rock.

I have attached a clip, that to me captures that strong bass driven foundation of this genre.

If you can stry away from what Leslie is doing this is the type of simplistic blues rock bass we use to love, and the guy can sing. Can anyone identify the bass he is using?

Anyway I hope there will some constructive comment from any Power Trio fans.

2. budget bassist

budget bassist

Jan 4, 2009
    I'm 18 and i truly appreciate the days of progressive rock and blues :) Very good music, and leslie west was/is a great guitarist!

As for the bass, probably something japanese, much like most other p style copies of that era, though i can't come up with anything specific

3. bluewine

bluewine Inactive

Sep 4, 2008
    WI
    I know, I thought it was a Fender until I took a closer look at the head stock.

blue

4. SwitchGear

SwitchGear

Mar 23, 2005
    Sunny Beach
    Looks like a Schector Diamond J to me, but I could be wrong.

Great classic song by a great artist, btw.

Thanks bluewine.

5. Tvrtko

Tvrtko

Dec 27, 2002
    South of the USA
    I had a great oportunity to live in that era, listening to:

SMAK

SMAK
    NOTICE Acoustic 408 cab!

more

That guitar player dedicated THIS song to first guitar - Aria Diamond

You might remember this Macedonian song from the movie "300".

I have a plenty of examples for interested...

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021