In January of 2014 I ordered a 'custom' bass to be built. I knew the builder 'prefers' to sell his USA basses direct but the dealer I ordered from assured me the builder had no issue with his selling to me "indirectly" since he's a good customer for this builder. Since I'd purchased from this dealer previously I ordered. Possible mistake on my part #1. Placed the order for a "vintage full sized body" jazz style bass. The builder states a wait time of 8 to 10 months on his web site and I realize that isn't set in stone. Things happen.11 months later I called the dealer and was told that the builder said they were 'starting to assemble the bass'. About a month later I was told they were going to start the build 'after the holidays'. One year after I ordered, the bass was being assembled. BTW...bass had been paid in full...possible mistake #2 on my part.End of February the bass is 'ready to be shipped'. Builder is 25 miles from where I live and, at first, agreed to drop ship the bass instead of shipping to the mid-west and then having the dealer ship to me. 2 days later the builder insists on shipping to the dealer or 'lowering the profit' the dealer would make. Actually turned out to be a positive for me. At this point I don't care how the bass gets to me. Dealer gets the bass, posts a photo and description of the bass on Facebook. The bass I waited 15 months for (and paid $4000+ for) was the wrong model bass. Dealer had mistakenly ordered the wrong bass even though the deposit document stated otherwise.Mistakes happen. But, at this price, I don't want this bass since it's not what I ordered and I don't want to reorder from the builder and possibly wait another 15 months or longer.I made a few inquiries and decided on a bass from a different builder...similar to what I had originally ordered. Told the dealer what price I'd received from another dealer and he came close enough to that price that I agreed to order from him...but the offer was only good (from the other dealer) until the end of March.On April 5th I received an email from the dealer that he wanted to cancel the deal, reimburse my money, "cut his losses". He told me I could go to the dealer that gave me the original deal...the deal that expired end of March. He said he would "only make $100 on the sale"...the price HE agreed to 3 weeks earlier.My response was that under the circumstances: the incorrect order placed by him 15 months ago, the extended wait time for the first bass (more the builder than the dealer), the amount of my money that the dealer has had for over a year, the price agreed to, the loss of the deal/price that I had for the bass from another dealer that was no longer available to me...that he should honor the agreed price and take the slight profit. He had no losses to cut. The only one 'losing' on this deal would be me. He refunded my money...fastest thing he did. No sermons on he's in business to make money. He agreed on the deal. He ordered the wrong bass. Was I wrong to expect him to honor his price?