1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The death of a Volvo.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MadMan118, Aug 15, 2012.

1. MadMan118

MadMan118

Jan 10, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    Today my faithful V70 did what it was designed to do. Die gloriously. Some lady in a Chevy suburban shaved off the right rear quarter panel, wheel, and bumper.
    Like everything in my life it was a circus. The lady driving was very apologetic and helpful. Her cro-magnon male passenger however :rollno: While I was on the phone with my insurance agent he kept bragging about how the suburban "won" the collision, interrupting my conversation and constantly interjecting with questions such as "yo bro when can we leave" "why do you need to know the license plate number" along with many many racial slurs.
    So it is now sitting in a body shop yard awaiting its eventual fate.

2. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Yikes! Glad you weren't hurt. Good luck with insurance, etc.

3. Old Volvos never die, the just get newer part by part.
    Sorry to hear about this, hope you can get back on the road soon. :)

4. You're a better man than I, Gunga Din! After just one racial slur this guy would have been wearing my wedding ring on the side of his face! It's not enough you had your car smashed up, noooo, the guy has to be an a-hole as well. :mad: Here's hoping karma catches up with him. ;)

5. MadMan118

MadMan118

Jan 10, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    Very true about the newer part by part half that car was 09 or newer despite being built in 07.
    I don't know if its totaled or not yet. Just finished paying it off not to long ago so I'm not really sweating it right now. Right now they've got me in a Buick Verano or whatever it is. Its nice, it feels more German than American though, not at all what I was expecting from a Buick.

6. The new Buicks look amazing and the price it right too. They aren't your grandpa's car anymore. Glad you weren't hurt.

lowsound

7. MadMan118

MadMan118

Jan 10, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    Yeah im really surprised by the new Buick. It feels nice and competent on the highway not as much torque as I was driving before though. The Volvo went above and beyond in keeping me safe though. I'll likely get another one after this.

8. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    You know, when someone hits you, they should have the burden of calling the police, getting all the info, contacting the insurance, getting you're car fixed, getting you a rental &
    returning the rental & picking up your car from the body shop!!!!!!!
    Sorry, I had to rant, been there several times & totally P(*&^%$ me off.

9. bummer. that is awfully young for a volvo to go. :(

10. Were the racial slur directed at you!? Sorry to hear about your Volvo, it's like a bodyguard taking a bullet for it's boss.

11. Unprofessional

Unprofessional

Mar 5, 2012
    If it's totaled, give it a Viking funeral.

12. MadMan118

MadMan118

Jan 10, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    Yeah he was. Surprisingly in a car full of people he was the only ****head.

13. Definitely

Definitely Banned

That's unacceptable. I would've popped him in the jaw. I've never had racial slurs directed at myself but I punched a guy last year for squinting at a Korean girl we had in our class and saying "Shut up you stupid Asian". Absolutely unacceptable.

14. MadMan118

MadMan118

Jan 10, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    Yeah being part Japanese I got called a gook a lot. But punching the guy would not have helped my insurance claim. So i just sucked it up.