Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Decisions has been made...I'm out of my band

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by jimbob, Feb 19, 2006.

1. jimbob

jimbob

Dec 26, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    Endorsing Artist: Acoustica Mixcraft; Endorsing Artist: DR Strings
    I have been happy as a clam with the work but after watching a couple 300#ers in the wet T-Shirt contest last night I decided enough is enough and punted...there is only a point where band's are only as good as they are going to be...I have accepted that philosophy and am moving on.

Reasons besides the 300# Wet T Contest?
    Drummer too loud, Drummer too Loud, Drummer Too Loud, Drummer Too Loud. Can't Hear Vocals, Drummer too Loud, no new tunes, drummer too loud, need electroshock therapy to remove the 300#ers from my brain, drummer too loud.

Check out my Side Project...now my band...in my signature.

2. what is a 300#er? im lost......but anyway, guess its good and bad to hear, but the side projects pretty good man

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I'm a bit confused also.

Are you calling your drummer a 300#'er in a wet t-shirt? Were 300# women dancing in wet t-shirts at your last gig? What does that have to do with a loud drummer?

-Mike

4. HAHAHAHA...have you been playing Yager endorsed shows? I palyed a few in vegas and they always had wet t-shirt contest and I have to say it was rare for there to be many attractive girls in the group. Soundin good with the new stuff.

5. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    East Coast
    think he means 300 pound women in a wet t-shirt contest.

blech

6. jimbob

jimbob

Dec 26, 2001
    Charlotte NC

YES!!! THEY WERE EVERYWHERE AND IT SCARED ME!

7. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Dude, I'm so sorry you had to go through this. I've you need someone to talk to who's been there, just PM me.
    Dang man! there should be laws.:scowl:

8. jimbob

jimbob

Dec 26, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    We should start a support group for bassists forced to endure such torture just to make a few dollars.

9. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I have seen so much skanktivity.
    Don't get me wrong, I have seen some fine women doing some freaky things, but its the nasty ones wearing what they ought not to wear that burn a hole through your eyes and leave a mark on your brain that never heals.
    Maybe we will start such a group.:D

10. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Loud drummers......I solved that problem too, made the drummer go back to keyboard. He was so loud he ruined the whole stage/monitor mix because we had to compete with him to be heard. Monitors were so loud they were feeding back into the mics.

11. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005

I generally dont like loud drummers. Infact I generally dont like loud. because If I play loud I force myself to wear earplugs, and they are unconfortable

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    We don't need a support group. Just don't do those gigs, plain and simple. We all know where those types of gigs/clubs are where each of us live. Don't play there anymore.

-Mike

13. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Sometimes those gigs just sneak up on you.

14. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Could've been worse. It could've been 300# men in wet cotton underwear!! :eek:

15. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Thanks Woodchuck, I was eating.:meh:

:D

16. jimbob

jimbob

Dec 26, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    Yeah, this one did. We booked the gig kinda last minute and I didn't find out until the day before they were having a wet-t contest. I started crying :help: at about 12:00am when I saw some of the women walking around I knew it would be one for the ages.

17. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    But sometimes you don't know that there's going to be 300 lbs. women in a wet t-shirt contest until you get to the gig.

:eyebrow:

18. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Every gig has a couple of backstage Bettys hanging around. I'm glad I'm married.:smug:

19. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    Wow, I prefer to do my whale watching from a boat, not the stage.

Slug

20. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ

well, we always knew they'd be there... we call'd em roadies! eww!

nah. i am pretty much opposed to 300# women on general principle (and principal... and he thanks me)