The dentist chipped my tooth!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vox Populi, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    I just went to the dentist yesterday, and just now I noticed one of my teeth is chipped. They're really brutal with those instruments, and it's not really a great practice.

The chip doesn't hurt, it must only be in the enamel. But I can't stop poking it with my tongue. Should I go back to this guy and be like "*** man?"
  2. I would, if you can prove it.

"Yo doc, whatup with this dent in my grille?"
  3. Vox Populi

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    I don't know what else it could be from. I haven't eaten anything especially hard lately. And it's a front tooth, you barely use those for eating.
  4. Did he take any x-rays before he proceeded with whatever he did? If so, that's a tell-all right there. Thing is, the second you leave the office without saying something, all he'd have to do now is say

"hey man, wasn't me, I didn't tell you to chomp on that rock"

or something...shifty that way. That really sucks tho, I hope you get it resolved smoothly. I broke a molar on a SEED from the bottom of a slice of pizza crust. So yeah, he definitely could have chipped it with a metal instrument.

Oy veh.
  5. Vox Populi

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    Yeah, they took tons of x-rays before they actually went to work on me.

But yeah, it'd be hard to prove. I haven't even looked at it yet, I can just feel it. It's kind of sharp.
  6. why don't you just go back and ask them if they'll fix it at no charge? It's a perfectly resonable request, and any reputable dentist should have no problem with it. You should call the office immediately. If you wait a long time before calling, it starts to get suspicious.
  7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeah, go back. I know my dentist would fix it under those circumstances.
  8. KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    yeah. I've had so many problems with my front teeth its disturbing(knocked them out three times, roots are dead, full of infections, so I had to get like 9 root canals, then came the resorption) one of the times I was eating a baguette(sp?)