The Devil's Rejects

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Aug 6, 2005.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    OK, who has seen it? Is it any good?

I have never watched much horror movies in my life, but I saw the Rob Zombie movie "House of 1000 Corpses" not too long ago. It scared me real good, but I found myself watching it everytime it came on HBO. Each time, the same scenes scared me too. I think part of the reason I kept watching it was for that hot blond chick in the cowboy hat, Sheri Moon. :eyebrow:

This new Rob Zombie movie has a few of the people from "House of 1000 Corpses", including the blond chick. I know I will regret going to see it after I get scared out of my mind, but I may go anyway. Should I go?

2. I saw a movie called "The Devils Brigade" starring Richard Dawson.

He wore a kilt.

It scared me.
  3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    saw it.

it was effin' disgusting. it wasn't scary or anything. just... really brutal and sadistic. i mean, i don't really care if movies don't follow hayes' code style ethics, but... it is really morally irredeemable.

here's a review from rottentomatoes that i found myself agreeing with:
  4. fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    mannnn was it good. you totally didn't know who to cheer for.
  5. Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    I have not seen it, but...

Just based on the complete lack of originality, taste, acting ability, and overall quality in House of 1000 Corpses, I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess there will be buckets of blood, evil protagonists, and lots of stuff ripped off from other movies, because I guess thinking is hard for Rob.

There are MUCH better horror movies out there, many of which you can rent for $0.99 and watch in your house alone with all the lights off, which is better than being in a theater with 50 people.
  6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I dont understand where all this talk of excessive gore is comming from. Those slasher/horror from the past couple decades were much worse.

It was rediculous and entertaining.
  7. MurdocRocks

Jun 18, 2005
    Torrance, CA
    Exactly, Rob just uses excessive violence and follows every cliche possible. House of 1000 corpses was horrible, just horrible.
  8. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    I liked House of a 1000 Corpses alot better. This movie just felt...forced. It didn't feel like the same characters.
  9. It was dragged out a lot, and overall not very violent. I guess it was a decent movie, but if unless you're a fan of Rob or the horror genre in general I wouldn't waste my money on it if I could do it again.
  10. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    eh, i guess there was a fairly low body count, per se.

but that motel segment was just... sick.