1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Dick Hindman Trio.

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Paul Warburton, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Dick Hindman, Colin Bailey and myownself performing Dick's, "Lost in a dream". I kindly like the interplay on this old recording.

2. I love it.

3. isolated

isolated Zenji Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Bronx, NY
    Sounds fantastic. I can really hear what you guys are trying to do there....

Sorry to say that I'm not familiar with Mr. Hindman at all. Would your kindly self care to fill me/us in on how you happened upon each other?

4. Lottsa history between Dick and I, isolated. A great drummer, Harry Kevis, brought us together in Colorado Springs. He talked me into moving down there from my days in Aspen. He said "Dick Hyman" is down here and that made me make the move. Of course it wasn't Hyman it was Hindman.
    Harry was an amazing cat; A Captain in the Air force down there, Vice President of his own Corporation and a fantastic be-bop drummer. He brought Pete Christlieb in to do a record with us called "Jazz City" that was a tribute to Harry. Harry took the masters to L.A. to try to get some interest. Pete, Harry and Dave Grusin sat down to listen and in the middle of my bass solo on "Body and soul", he laid his head back and died of an anurism.
    That's the kinda effect my playing has on some folks :D
    The album is available on vinyl only.

5. timeless mr warburton.

6. Thanks, y'all!
    Actually the vinyl of this side came out and then Dick decided to re-release it as a double CD. In the album notes, it's embarrasing that he re-did all the out-takes as a way to get more listeners aquainted with my work.
    I'll take whatever I get, Mr. Ego-Head Junior here. :hyper:

7. Chris Symer

Chris Symer

Dec 13, 2009
    Seattle,Wa.
    Sounds great Paul!

8. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    As I mentioned to PW via email, the playing is masterful and, honestly, I was quite moved by it. Wow!

9. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Perfect. Just perfect. Especially the intonation, which has to be perfect for a vibe like this to work. Kudos!

10. Joshua

Joshua WJWJr Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Connecticut
    Very good stuff!

11. Wil de Sola

Wil de Sola

Feb 22, 2006
    Wilton, CT
    New Standard Instrument Co
    Paul, Thank you. Wonderful playing; a pleasure to listen to.
    How about a few more tracks?

12. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    Beautiful! and such clarity!