Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Dod Bass30 is a cool bass synth!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RunBeerRun, Nov 13, 2004.

1. RunBeerRun

RunBeerRun Banned

Mar 10, 2003
    I had to see what Dod's take on the bass synth was. Its pretty cool, 9 different sounds, slight tracking issues. Different from any other bass synth out there. I got a sample up at: http://runbeerrun2.tripod.com

2. RoyQBiv

RoyQBiv

Nov 8, 2002
    Bellingam, WA
    Definitely an interesting sound. Can you get a deeper, more club synth sound out of it?

3. yeah, i liked the synths, i wasn't a big fan of the rest of it...i think i am going to get rid of it...

4. Heckxx

Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    I actually think the synths aren't that great on that thing. Tracking is a huge problem. I haven't had much experience with other synth units yet, but the Boss one I tried awhile ago is certainly alot better then the synths on the 30.

I used to use my Bass 30 for alot, but now I just use it for compression. Awesome for headphone practicing with tho.

5. RunBeerRun

RunBeerRun Banned

Mar 10, 2003
    I'd have to say you really can't get any deeper sounds from this. But you can use "pitch shift" and slap an octave down on it.