Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

THE DOORS

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by barroso, Feb 6, 2002.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i'm an huge fan of the Doors. and even if they didn't have an official bass player (Mr. Scheff did a great job in their last album...) they are one of my main influnces in playing bass. before posting this i was listening to a cd with a selection of the doors song and i was quite forced to pick up the bass and play with that cd. the bassline of 'rider of the storm' is great!! which is your favorite doors bassline?

2. Riders on the Storm, Five to One, The End, Peace Frog...i love those...

3. The doors have great basslines, Ray did an awesome job playing keyboard bass. I have to say, i recently picked up their double cd live album and i have to say that the live jams have some of the most goovy doors lines i've heard.

If ya get a chance, check it out!!

4. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

"The RoadHouse", (Come to the roadhouse. You're going to have a really good time, yeah.) if that is the correct name, has
    a "real" bassline played on a "real" bass. I am very fond of that Doors song.

5. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I love these guys... Their music makes me want to play.

6. danqi

danqi

May 21, 2001
    Germany
    If I would want to buy a Doors CD, which one would you recommend?

7. LA woman and Ghost Song are my two favorite songs by The Doors. Ghost Song has some realy good bass. That band always caught my attention becuase of all the different styles theyd play. Amazing musicians

8. Ahh... The Doors... oh yeah!
    Dont forget the brilliant bassline on 'Light My Fire'!
    My fave basslines are 'Riders', 'Roadhouse Blues' and 'LA Woman' but also many songs off of the first couple of albums such 'Lost Little Girl' have terrific basslines.

Orthanc, What type of music do you like? The Doors varied alot with their albums.
    If you like hard, loose bluesy rock, you cant go wrong with 'LA Woman'.
    'Morrison Hotel' is probably the most rocking album.
    The original album (my favorite) 'The Doors' is much more psychadelic and contains the classic hard rock 'Break On Through' and the legendary 'The End'.
    'Strange Days' was more psychadelic, and a little more down tempo then the first album, and it contains the awesome 'When The Music's Over',
    and 'Waiting For The Sun' is a little weirder but a great labum. Oh man, I could just keep on talking about the Doors. But IMO, check out 'The Doors' or 'Morrison Hotel'. Dont start with 'The Soft Parade', its a good album, but its not in the same class as the others.
    Jim