The dorm amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gotsoul77, May 18, 2007.

1. gotsoul77

gotsoul77

Jan 23, 2007
    Hey guys-
    I have a 75watt peavey 12inch combo. I play in a 10 piece funk band. You see my problem.
    I am suprised that it has lasted me this long. I finally scraped together some more money and am looking for a light and powerful combo for $500. I am living in a small dorm next year so this thing cannot take up too much space, but I just have to add some more power to this band!

I am thinking SWR workingmans 12, or a hartke kickback 15

Thanks for any advice.

2. Jeralya

Jeralya

Sep 7, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    markbass used

3. 4lPh4n0m3g4

4lPh4n0m3g4

Nov 19, 2004
    In that price range I would look for the following:

Combo unit:

Used Eden Nemesis or SWR Basic Black

Head and cabinet:

Used GK RB400 & Bag End S15d

4. Used Yorkville Y400 head. Avatar cab of choice.

for a combo, I second the basic black recommendation. Great sounding combo - MUCH better than the workingmans combos, and if you can find a basic 2-way extension cabinet, you'll have plenty for all but the biggest of gigs.

5. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    To confuse the issue more, I'll plug the Nemesis line. They're very light and put out lots of funk-friendly clean tone. Eden's also (finally) rolling out a new line of Nemesis combos that have increased wattage (320W), a drive control and a plywood enclosure.

You should be able to afford the NC210 or NC115 combo if you can find one used.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021