the downsize of 2017

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mpdd, Aug 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    4 basses to 1
    4 pedals to 1
    may switch to a lighter head and cab setup if I end up playing more

Since I'm really in need of the not yet released Nikon D850 dslr and everybody I play with either flakes out or wants to play a type of music I'm not really interested in here's what I'm gonna do. I'm keeping the 94 LB100 with the custom 2016 maple neck, the mesa d180 head, the two orange 115s, and the fuzzrocious rat tail. I did enjoy having all the basses and pedals, but to be perfectly honest I was just tone chasing to occupy time in between practicing, performing, and recording and I used to have more disposable income, cause the old house was less expensive and I used to have a full-time professor job, oh well. I am grateful that over the last seven years on tb I've become a stronger bass player, but enough is enough.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Thick McRunfast and 4sight like this.
  2. Relsom

Relsom Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2013
    The Old Dominion
    I'm thinking of downsizing too.... going to replace most of my 34" and 35" scale basses with 33.25" scale basses.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    blip likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021