Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

the dream show

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by russ_4ft, Feb 3, 2001.

1. Hey everyone. I was just thinkin what the best bass show would be, Three bassists just playing solo stuff! This is mine:-

opener: Les Claypool
    2nd: Victor Wooten
    Headliner: Flea

I know i'll get many comments about Vic being behind flea but flea is the man, He is my main inspiration.

Whats your ideal lineup?

2. That would be a GREAT show! Except I *would* have Les headline, except for no one knows who he is! Flea is much more famous.

3. Mine would be:1)Soundgarden
    2)Queen
    3)Led Zeppelin

In that specific order.

4. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Depends on what the target audience is so heres a few of them.

Metal-old meets new
    opener:koRn
    2nd:SlipKnot
    3rd:Metallica
    Head Liner:KISS

Rock
    opener:Blink182
    2nd:Lit
    Headliner:RHCP

Smooth Rock
    opener:Tonic
    2nd:Lifehouse
    Headliner:Bush

thats about it.

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i saw primus open for rush several years ago in greenville, sc once...wasn't a dream though...heheh

6. backtoschool

backtoschool

Oct 24, 2000
    Mine would be
    Dirk Lance of Incubus opening
    Victor Wooten 2nd
    Geddy Lee headlining

7. Rock
    opener:Blink182
    2nd:Lit
    Headliner:RHCP??????????????????

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING????????
    THE PEPPERS WITH BLINK???????????

That would be so odd!

(ps, RHCP is so different from the other two bands, you would need two different stages!!!!!!!!)

8. if we're involving bands here as well i'd go for:-

opener: at the drive-in
    2nd: incubus
    headliner: red hot chili peppers

as for les being unknown, i think it's cool that way! it's only really us bassists that know him, He's a well kept secret. Everyone knows flea for how bizzare he is but les is just as bizzare!!!

9. How about:Cold Play
    Slow Dive
    My Bloody Valentine
    Mazzy Star
    Radiohead
    The Cure

10. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    relman, disagree if ya want-i know that they're completely different groups but thats part of why i said stick those 3 together-covers a few diff. areas that haven't been together much if @ all. Thats all

11. I say find the re-incarnate Jaco and let him rip! then add Les Claypool for the weird and crazy stuff then a bit of Flea for the more mainstream rockers and then end it all with the three of them playing an epic song like Stairway to Heaven, Bohemium Rhapsody etc each with an individual solo in it. Ah that would be a bass players heaven!

Only problem there would be no people to talk to on Talk Bass because we would all be there. It's a price someone has to pay.

12. ok, here goes, a dream come true

The backstreet boys, followed by britney spears, followed by N'sync, followed by....ARGH!!!!! that was my nightmare show, ugh, i shudder to think of it, i should be shot.

seriously, here is my favs, i know there not all still together but here goes.

in no order

BLIND MELON!!(headliners)
    RHCP
    Pearl jam
    Incubus
    The Hip
    Alanis morrisette!(i think shes awesome!!)

13. How about this for sh*t!

opener: Fieldy
    2nd: Fieldy
    Headliner: errr, Fieldy

I'd probably die!!

14. follow up fieldy with korn and eminem or limp bizkit or something to!