1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

the dude from Fleet Foxes

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by corinpills, May 17, 2011.

1. corinpills

corinpills

Nov 19, 2000
    Boston, MA
    I don't even know his name, but I saw them tonight at the Orpheum in Boston and ohmyGod can they sing. I have seen Yes a bunch of times, I saw Jellyfish, Redd Kross in their big harmony vocal phase- but I have never heard a band sing 3 part harmonies so beautifully as this band. The bass player abslutely filled up the old Orpheum theatre with his Hofner 500/1 and switched to mandolin, electric 12 string and a lot of percussion when the other guitar player played bowed double bass- plus he and the drummer were the main harmony vocalists. Gorgeous show on all fronts- it was almost like modern chamber music except the audience would completely explode into a standing ovation after every song.

2. Yeah... their pretty awesome on their album... but seeing them live is a TOTALLY different experience. VERY impressive... TONS of energy when they play.

I think the closest band, i've seen, to their energy is A Silver Mount. Zion... (members of Godspeed You Black Emperor). They also had a energy about them that just electrified the entire venue.

Also... SO jealous you got to see Redd Kross!!

3. corinpills

corinpills

Nov 19, 2000
    Boston, MA
    that chick playing bass in Redd Kross was hot.

4. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    I love their music but the new album is kind of a disappointment. Not really bad but not stellar like their last one.