1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The earth is definitely flat, and other forums are not like Talkbass.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Oct 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Since writing my book I joined a few writer/publisher forums. Came across a post last night that I found entertaining in many ways and thought I'd share. But I also thought I'd ask this...

What's the deal with flat-earthers? I read some of this guy's stuff but couldn't wrap my brain around how any seemingly intelligent person could really believe the earth is flat, and that we've all been duped. If anyone would like to shed some light on this, please do. It's kinda new to me.

The book in question is here (you can read in the "look inside" feature) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074YVX2ZY?ref=cm_flw_time

But the more interesting craziness begins here. These people are beyond bitter, IMO: Amazon KDP Support: Misleading Reviews against my Book ...

Ghostinthemach and pjbassist like this.
  2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    The one that fried my brain is the rapper who is trying to hire a satellite to prove the Earth is flat - ummm, dude, do you realize that if the Earth were flat, the satellite wouldn't fly? D'oh!

3. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Well, Tila Tequila wouldn't lie.

4. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
    The earth is flat? Preposterous.

But it *is* hollow! https://www.amazon.com/Hollow-Earth-Dr-Raymond-Bernard/dp/1365522296

hollowearth.GIF

Revealed! The Underground World of Supermen Discovered Under the North Pole! Can you explain the following? Why does one find tropical seeds, plants and trees floating in the fresh water of icebergs? Why do millions of tropical birds and animals go farther north in the wintertime? If it is not hollow and warm inside the Earth at the Poles, then why does colored pollen color the Earth for thousands of miles? Why is it warmer at the Poles than 600 to 1000 miles away from them? Why does the north wind in the Arctic get warmer as one sails north beyond 70° latitude? On top of all of, Admiral Byrd supposedly made several journeys inside the earth by traveling through the holes in the poles. Could there be anything to Dr. Bernard's bizarre claims? Chapters include: UFOs and Governmental Secrecy; Admiral Byrd's Epoch-Making Discovery; The Hollow Earth; William Reed's Book, Phantom of the Poles and so much more!

jmlee, TolerancEJ, ficelles and 7 others like this.
  5. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

Yikes!

6. steve_ss

steve_ss Shiny, let's be bad guys. Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2016
    Southern NJ, USA
    Didn't they prove the earth was flat when they took those fake pictures from those fake moon landings in 1969 - 1972?

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I've been to Nebraska and Iowa.
    I can tell you for 100% certainty that the earth is flat.

-Mike

8. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Pretty sure that it's the moon that is hollow

9. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Some people are perpetual morons who will believe anything. Science and math matter!

Rattman and PsyDocHill like this.
  10. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

Nah, it's solid cheese.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Nah, it's where the Decepticons hide out.

-Mike

Wavy and DiabolusInMusic like this.
  12. tlc1976

tlc1976

Aug 2, 2016
    Michigan
    I opened the link and that was all I needed to see. Seen too many times, considering my best friend's family was this way, so I have no problem with religious folks. But sometimes when you throw religion into the mix, all common sense goes out the window. They say you just gotta believe. And since it's an iffy topic here, that's all I'm going to say.

Atshen likes this.
  13. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

film_AGDO_dtop_3.jpg

14. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab HELIX user & BOSE Abuser

Feb 11, 2004
    Texas
  15. Ignorance is bad, and blatant disregard for education is even worse.

At least these people are not dangerous to me, so I'm not concerned with trying to educate them.

However, driving on the roads with people who are uneducated about defensive driving & are willfully ignorance is scary business.

9Thumbs, Pbassmanca and maxmaroon like this.
  16. So does that mean my "Google Earth Pro" is fake?

Stumbo, MonetBass and JRA like this.
  17. I find flat-earth believers to be equal parts fascinating, enraging, and depressing.

18. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    There are religious people who would assert the Earth is flat as part of their religious doctrine. There probably aren't many and who knows if anyone here believes that, but they're out there. So then aren't we all in violation of rule 1?

slobake likes this.
  19. So that isn't space-junk out there..it's people and animals that accidentally fell off the edge?

Anyway....how do flat-earthers explain gravity?

20. Possibly ... but aren't there religious people who would assert that rock and roll music is from the devil as part of their religious doctrine? In that case, there would be countless threads that would violate rule 1 based on that criteria?

PsyDocHill likes this.