The earthquake!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stephen Soto, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    who felt this? it scared the sh*t out of me at first because i've never felt one, and i felt it coming. ah.
  2. fresnorich

Sep 17, 2003
    Fresno, CA
    My wife felt it here in fresno, but I didn't. She was in the house and I was walking with my daughter at the school. My wife said she could tell it was a big one but far away.
  3. i'm in NJ and just heard to about it. So far I don't know anyone that got hurt , tis nice to know.
  4. I'm here in Reedley (near Fresno) but I didn't feel it. I hope my dog and fish and bass are ok back home (San Luis Obispo). When my mom gets back from the store w/ my Grandma and Brother I'm going to get my friend Leslie's # and call her since she is watching my dog and fish.

My friend Sam was in Best Buy when it hit and said that stuff was falling all over the floors and breaking.

One of my other friends, Dominick said his house was shaking so bad he had to run outside because stuff was falling everywhere.

I also hope nothing happened to my cat (whom is at my mom's work, an Animal Hospital. I also hope nothing in my house is destroyed. I'm worried about my 10 gallon fish tank though in my room. If it fell over then it would of hit a power strip with a bunch of stuff plugged into it.

I WANNA GET HOME!!! :bawl: :bawl:
  5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I hope all of you Cali TB'ers are O.K.
  6. Exedore

Nov 15, 2002
    Pasadena, Ca, USA
    Holy crap I felt it big time. I'm on the 41st story here in downtown LA - I still feel seasick. There's nothing quite like seeing a skyscraper tilting back and forth.
    Good to hear everyone's ok so far, especially you guys up in the valley...
  7. i hope everything is ok guys! i heard about it just now on TV and thought about all my TB buds in california!

heres the latest:

8. AMEN to that. ;)

9. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    hell, i was putting up christmas lights when it happened. im glad i got off the ladder to take a break. i could see my house shaking and the whole thing made me pretty dizzy. that was the first time id been in an earthquake. when i went inside my house was in shambles. cd's,vcr's,pictures and assorted stuff was strewn all over the floor. my computer monitor was right on the edge of falling off the desk.

luckily i had my fodera and f bass both in their cases instead of on stands.:eek:

but more seriously, 2 people are already confirmed dead in paso robles which is around a half an hour away from me so it was pretty serious. the building they were in just crumbled and the top half of it landed on cars parked on the street.
  10. I was just going online to post a note asking if you were ok. Glad to see ya are! SLO isn't far at all from San Simeon, I'll bet it shook the place up pretty good. I've got family/friends in Santa Maria, so I'll be making alot of calls when I get home tonight. Hope everything with the rest of your family/friends/pets is alright.

11. I was wondering about damage. I grew up in Santa Maria, and I'm fairly positive most of the buildings in that part of California aren't up to earthquake code- they just plain don't happen there. Prayers to those injure/killed and there families. Hope it doesn't get any worse.

12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I hope everyone's OK out there!!!

I was talking to my friend that works at Ernie Ball (San Luis Obispo), they'd shut down for the day to assess damage, but no one there was hurt, thankfully.

Everyone from CA please check in!
  13. Anyone see the pics of downtown Paso Robles? It's like destroyed. Paso got pretty messed up.

The person taking care of the animals at my house said nothing in our house was damaged (thank god! I was worried about my 10 gallon fish tank) and my dog is fine. So far I believe 3 have been confirmed dead from this.
  14. I don't think SLO was really hurt at all from this. My dad's work didn't get hurt at all and it's this giant warehouse.

As for the EB factory, I tried IMing Casey Ball to see how he is and if the factory was damaged at all, but he wasn't answering, maybe I'll try again tonight.
  15. I heard there was also an earthquake in new zealand it was about 4.5 on the richter scale...doesnt sound as serious as the one your talking about

Anyways hope everyone is alright
  16. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I was on the road coming back from mammoth at around the time the quake hit, I didn't notice anything, but friends of mine up and down the coast all felt it.

pretty gnarly stuff
  17. One of the only downfalls of living in beautiful California...
  18. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Wow, thanks for the concern, Gard. You're the reason I'm posting.

The San Francisco area was unaffected. I didn't even feel it.
  19. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    why does all the cool stuff happen when i am too far away to feel it? (I was in riverside/montclaire area, at the time)