1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The economic effect on the classifieds

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help' started by austentaciousC, Jun 5, 2011.

1. ustabawannab

ustabawannab Caesar's palace, morning glory, silly human race. Gold Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    Trades are a great opportunity but your potential audience is way to limited. In this economy you have to open your transaction up to as may folks as possible. You might have one or two guys that might have the specific bass that you are looking to trade for, but how many of them want yours? You may have 10 guys that have the funds to allow you to buy what ever you want.

I've also noticed more high-end basses at substantial discount vs trade lately. $3000 Will Lee Sadowsky Metro's going for $2000. $3700 to $4000 NYCs going for a hair over $2500. Massive bargains.

I also see more folks embracing PayPal, realizing that most folks don't have 3K laying around but have no problem putting it on a credit card associated with their PayPal account. That's how I got my Metro