Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

the eden baby is here, but...speaker wire?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JoeRules00, Dec 3, 2002.

1. OK, Eden WT-500 came in today. It's beautiful, I love it, etc. But, I suck with speaker wire. I managed to hook it up, but I probably did an awful job and it's gonna get tiring moving the cab and amp to practice when theyd have to stay hooked up. Are there any cables that can hook up or slip on or something that'd work like that? As you can see, I'm quite lazy. :)

2. Huh...?

3. philtypeguy

philtypeguy

Jul 11, 2002
    Asheville, NC
    you want low guage speaker cable with bannana plugs. go to the sweetwater website and get pro-co cables if you want the best.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I was already going insane over his Eden thing, now this. I'm going right on over the edge.

5. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like you permanently wired the amp to the cab, right?

6. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I thougth the same!!!!!

7. I too am greatly confused and perturbed by this issue!

er, the post, NOT wiring a head and cab together :p

8. Sorry for the confusion.

No, I didn't permanently wire them together. However, connecting them with speaker wire was a real ... i'll use nice terms and say challenge. But I'd rather not do this every time I move it somewhere, and moving them together will also be hard to do, So I was hoping for a quickly removable and attachable. Something like a 1/4 inch input that works for the 500 hookups?

9. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    The 500 hookups? Do you mean banana plugs? there should be on the back of your amp 5 outputs. Left channel 1/4 inch and banana speaker out.Right channel 1/4 inch and banana speaker out and bridged mono banana speaker out.

If your seeing 2 post that have red and black and you think your soposed to wrap wire around each (+&-) your mistaken those are banana plugs and you can buy a speaker cable that will PLUG ie INSERT into them really easily.

AJ

10. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Joe, you're not ready for this amp. Put it in a cupboard out in the garage for a few months and hang out here at TB every night. Then, when you catch on, go get the Eden, go get some speaker cables, and HOOK THE DANGED THING UP!

11. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    Joe, give me your address. I will DRIVE to Duncanville if I have to in order to clear this up. We need to keep Munji sane. What sort of wire did you use and how did you attach it?

12. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

He's usin' coat hangers.

13. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I'm shocked and amazed by this thread . . .

These are the type of people you read about in the news. "Honest, I didn't know it would hurt the puppy if I put him in the microwave . . . I thought it would warm him up."

14. oh, the humanity... someone draw a diagram.

15. Im in Plano, Ill gladly help out a fellow basser. Lemme know, im being serious: if you need help with this....

16. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Coat hangers are good.

17. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I'm guessing you meant "coat hangers "is" good".

:rolleyes:

18. Brad: eh?

19. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Just make sure that you use 12 gauge hangers. Some of those cheapo dry cleaners give you 16 gauge.

Anyone know if George L's makes hangers?:confused:

20. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    :confused: