Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

THE END IS NEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tim Cole, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Holy crap, look who the newest mod is. :eek:

Give you a hint, he looks like Ben Affleck, and someone is going to have a hell of a time shaving that hairy monk down for initiation!!!!!!!!

:D

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    ya... ya... there is already a thread.

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Jeez, I thought maybe Munji swore allegance to Ampeg and bought a 2x15.

4. And now I'll make fun of Tim since the Eagles lost.

(Haha)

5. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Yes, they choked 3 years in a row, they deserve it. I might as well just go for the browns full time, at least we KNOW they suck.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah, but would you rather go to the NFC championship game three years in a row and lose, or not make the playoffs at all?

-Mike

7. For them, not at all ;)

8. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

Not at all. Higher draft picks.

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Interesting reply Ty.

For me, I would much rather have the chance to watch two, or three, playoff games every year and feel that excitement over the chance to watch a really bad team struggle to a really bad record so I could watch them draft some hopefully really good guys.

I am a Steelers fan BTW. This past season was miserable. I enjoyed more the 2001 year when they lost to the Pat's in the AFC championship.

-Mike

10. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

I do have to say it is much more exciting to watch your boys produce year after year, even if its not the crown, but I always love the prospect and the excitement of a come-from-behind team like the Cowboys this year, and on a much larger scale the Panthers. In 3 years the Panthers have gone from 1-15 to 7-9 to 11-5 this year. On top of that, look at the draft picks of 2001 and 2002:

1. Dan Morgan (LB)
    3. Steve Smith (WR-DUH!)

1. Julius Peppers (DE)
    2. DeShaun Foster (RB-DUH!)

Now--3 out of 4 of those names stand out pretty dramatically to me, but I'll leave it to everyone else to figure out which ones.

See what draft picks and a good manager can do to one's team? ;)