1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The end is nigh. We are all out of a job and obsolete.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by thabassmon, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Adienn7

Adienn7

Jan 26, 2007
    I see this a way to have multiple basses available without changing basses.. I mostly like the synth, bow, virtual, and fretless

2. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Been wanting to ask you this since the last time you said something weirdly condescending to me apropos of nothing: What food do you eat in the void

3. twinjet

twinjet Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    That J Bass bridge tone sounded like Jaco on Ritalin. Yuck.

Squittolo and DJ Bebop like this.
  4. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    As a guitar player as well as a bass player-I was interested to hear what it did, but it's not something I would have much use for.
    I'll just play a bass (& that fretless sound really isn't that fretless sounding to me)--although the P Bass sound isn't too bad--but get a P Bass then.

Still I can see it having a use for some guitar players--for demos & song writing & stuff.
    And sure--some recording & live use as well.

DJ Bebop likes this.
  5. FerK

FerK Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Switzerland
    Meh. The synth effect is pretty decent (somewhat like a Digitech Dirty Robot), although I don't see key players getting replaced either. Nice little toy.

6. Samatza

Samatza

Apr 15, 2019
    Yeah, our guitar player tried with a Boss octaver, I didn’t care but the rest of the band said “leave the low end to the experts and just play your f%#n guitar!
    Kewl!

7. I thought the sounds were pretty good. Not for replacing a bass but as a guitar effect. I don’t feel threatened.

Mr_Moo likes this.
  8. Pedullist

Pedullist

Oct 31, 2016
    Just like the 909 meant the end of drummers. And compact disc the end of vinyl. :D

DJ Bebop and PWRL like this.
  9. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    Hi thabassmon :)

I like it!

It doesn 't sound like a bass, but it sounds funny!

For the fretless and upright stuff the guitarist will have to add a butterknife pedal! :D

I can hear the frets!

The synth sounds are very cool!

greetings

Wise(b)ass

10. We survived "Seinfeld." We'll survive this.

sqlb3rn, shirky, Holdsg and 5 others like this.
  11. jamro217

jamro217 Supporting Member

C'mon now, use your imagination. This was obviously built with bassists in mind. This is what you need on the treble pickup/amp using Ric-O-Sound.

Michael Eisenman likes this.
  12. smtp4me

smtp4me

Sep 30, 2013
    Philadelphia, PA
    I'm not worried. I have nothing at all against guitar players (in fact I am a bass player who also plays a little guitar); in my experience good guitar player does not equal good bass player. Some are good of course, but it seems to be fewer than you might think.

Squittolo likes this.
  13. Knowing your role as a bass player won't be replace by a pedal. It isn't hard to play the notes on a bass guitar no one says it was, but bring those notes to life with a groove feel and lock the pocket now that is a bass player you know it when you hear it, and then you rush to a place like talk bass to share your findings with the rest of the low enders :bassist:

14. I guess I don't get it.
    It still sounds like a guitar to me, Not very bass like.

[​IMG]

15. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Ooooooo.....I feel soooooo. Threatened.. ..NOT

Holdsg likes this.
  16. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Even if it did sound good, and even if the Guitarist played baseline with a groove, the still need someone to play. It might be for a guitarist to use in the studio, but that's it.

17. RichardW

RichardW

Feb 25, 2016
    near Philly
    Can it:
    1) sing?
    2) bring beer to rehearsal?
    3) help carry gear into and out of a gig?

chuckNC and Holdsg like this.
  18. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    This product, maybe not so much.
    But I have told a lot of guitar guys trying to bring in bass and drums "just to jam, you know, for fun..." to go buy a DigiTech Trio and have at it...

19. eJake

eJake

May 22, 2011
    New Orleans
    +1 this is why they make these pedals. But as a live looper myself, having a bass and a guitar on stage is the way to go. I have been researching an ABY pedal (thanks for the suggestions TB search function!). Im sure that you could buy a boss AB-2 and a cheap bass both used for less than the price of that pedal.

OTOH for sound design I understand. Personally, I use all those effects I payed for when I bought Ableton Suite.

20. eJake

eJake

May 22, 2011
    New Orleans
    Neither does the guitar player, wasirite or what?

gln1955 and RichardW like this.