1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The end is nigh. We are all out of a job and obsolete.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by thabassmon, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    Ciao Gianni :)

Actually I can see some real nice live applications for that. The synth sounds for intros and outros,

when you have a band without keyboarder but two guitars and bass.

I also can imagine to groove with a guitarist like having two bassplayers on stage!

The envelope filter stuff sounds cool too!

I think it' s a funny little gadget! (that will never replace a bassplayer :D)

And this is the best part! No matter how much it will cost…

The guitarist pays! :laugh:

greetings

Wise

2. Queue

Queue

Jul 5, 2013
    DC Suburbs, USA
    More points for playing the "Wichita Lineman" solo when talking about Baritone guitar settings! :D

Reedt2000 likes this.
  3. They said the same thing back in the 70's when the disco craze was happening.

4. Yellow Bang66

Yellow Bang66

Jun 5, 2019

5. FugaziBomb

FugaziBomb

Jun 5, 2017
    Exactly

6. Esteban Garcia

Esteban Garcia living la vida loca Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Portland, OR
    The thing is you can get away without playing "the bass" (instrument) but you still have to know how to play "bass" (i.e. a bass line). Honestly the latter is harder for most guitarists than the former. Unless you're playing music where the bass just bangs along on the I.

7. Hurricane Jimmie

Hurricane Jimmie Supporting Member

So Anyway, until a pedal can get drunk and fall down on stage... I'm secure.

8. Ah ok .. as a sort of synth-bass device yes, sure .. I was referring to its use for replacing a bass player which a guitarist may make ... it may not be a permanent solution ... I also personally agree with those who stated that the way of playing bass of a guitarist is generally immediately recognisable and not always suitable

Wisebass likes this.
  9. Michael Eisenman

Michael Eisenman Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Eugene, Oregon
    How much more Jazz Bass could it be?

Wait...what?

FugaziBomb likes this.
  10. -Asdfgh-

-Asdfgh-

Apr 13, 2010
    UK
    The Precision option is tolerable. I could see myself using the Danelectro option and synth options. The upright sound is fooling no one, and the cello might work for the song I have that needs a cello part that a keys player covers. That's one I play acoustic guitar for as it's not in standard tuning. But they keys would sound better.

11. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    Nope not worried a bit, if I ever find a Precision bass that sounds like theirs, I'll either return it or burn it... Voilà

thabassmon likes this.
  12. stringthrough

stringthrough Supporting Member

We're toast!

thabassmon likes this.
  13. I will tell my guitar player about it, I'm tired and want to take a nap lol

14. 74hc

74hc

Nov 19, 2015
    Sunny California
    If all bass players stop buying EH products, they'll think twice, and so will other competitors.

15. Bassndrums73

Bassndrums73

Mar 13, 2018
    Ohio
    Meh meh meh meh, meh meh, meh meh meh, meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh. There.........I said it.

16. bassdude51

bassdude51 "You never even called me by my name." Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio
    We now live in an age of................FAKE!
    [​IMG]

17. rollie 55

rollie 55

Oct 1, 2018
    lost in space
    this sort of thing has been around for many years in various forms. little stomp box's and bigger pedals. synths etc the list goes on. :rollno: and still they cant see the bassist does not always do all what the guitarist plays :banghead:. and also does a lot of the other work needed in a band

18. dhagopian

dhagopian Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Los Angeles
    They said that about synth in the 80s too...

rollie 55 and J0hn like this.
  19. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    edit: my post got lost inside of the Quote! :wacky::wacky:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019 at 2:58 PM
  20. rknea

rknea

Jan 16, 2007
    Boise, ID
    Yeah...nothing to be worried about! They still need someone to fart on the drummer!