1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The end is nigh. We are all out of a job and obsolete.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by thabassmon, Aug 12, 2019.

1. adjectives

adjectives

Mar 12, 2017
    Seattle, Wa
    Yeah, no thanks. Most of the voices kind of made me shudder. I play a precision, and thought that setting was probably the most realistic comparatively. Same with the Mel9. They sound too synthetic, but could be useful for someone's soundscape! I've got a pitchfork that sounds passable for my uses when buried under a stack of modulation.

thabassmon likes this.
  2. dbsfgyd1

dbsfgyd1

Jun 11, 2012
    Richmond , Va
    As opposed to this pedal, that guitarist would be better off using click tracks instead. Then you can have what ever accompaniment you want the same way all the time. I’m a lot more worried about that than this pedal.

3. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    They replaced us back in 1980 too. ...haven’t slowed down yet.

Wisebass and rollie 55 like this.
  4. -Asdfgh-

-Asdfgh-

Apr 13, 2010
    UK
    Pitchfork? Tough crowds round your way?

5. -Asdfgh-

-Asdfgh-

Apr 13, 2010
    UK
    Well, I'm selling my basses in favour of guitars.

6. -Asdfgh-

-Asdfgh-

Apr 13, 2010
    UK
    It doesn't really make sense in a band context because you still need someone playing the bass LINE through a capable amp even if they are not a bassIST. So if you need a bass line on every song it's not really much more expensive to make the worst guitarist buy the cheapest bass they can find. It worked for Macca...

7. No worries. Keyboards/Pianos have been playing the bass range with their left hand forever.