The end of an era

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by beermonkey, Feb 18, 2003.

1. beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    So, a few weeks ago, a band that I have played with for the last 7 years called it quits. We played our last gig ever and hung it up. We released 3 albums, 2 of which I played bass on. We sold a few thousand copies of each album and it was good fun. For anyone on this board who ever heard of, liked, or listened to a Travis Shredd & the Good 'Ol Homeboys album; I here by thank you for that. Really. It was a ton of fun and I am amazed to this day that people actually liked us and came out to our shows for 7 frickin' years.

Have fun. Keep giggin'.

My final parting blow from that group is a picture from the gig, of me trying to be 'super metal' or something... :D

much love,

The Nad

2. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Wow, what next? Any other projects?
  3. ouch, why did you guys call ti quits?

must be worth going on until you're all burntout, no?

well, at leats its 7 yrs oif good times :)
  4. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    7 years is a very long should be proud!!!
  5. beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Yeah, actually. The two bands in my sig file are current groups that I play with. At one point I was up to 4 bands at once... a bit much. The Travis Shredd band called it quits because the band leader and rhythm guitar player are moving out of the state; kinda makes it difficult to go on... besides, it was time to end it. We had our run, and it was a blast.

I'm actually leaving one of the bands that I remain in to get me down to just one gigging band. The one project that I'm sticking with is Yogi & Half Zaftig ; very King's X meets Frank Zappa kind of stuff.
  6. Rock on beermonkey!

Hope you took away some good memories from it.
  7. *the road is looooooong...........*:D :p

ah man, thats sad you guys are calling it quits