The end of Eminem?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by silent method, Jul 18, 2005.

On Eminem's new summer tour, a tense video storyline is woven through the Detroit rapper's show. Following a montage of visuals encapsulating his vast celebrity -- magazine covers, TV footage, limos, crowds -- the star is seen alone backstage, aiming a loaded pistol at his image in a mirror before turning it toward himself.

The climax is abrupt: With the gun to his temple, Eminem pulls the trigger. The screen goes black.

When the dressing room eventually fades back into view, the audience sees that the rapper sits unharmed; the gun has misfired. Eminem looks into the camera.

"This is how you go out with a bang, baby!"

At a casual glance, it might come off like the latest shock attack in a career defined by controversy. But dig a bit deeper and you'll come upon a revelation even more startling, one that has been known only to the artist's closest friends and associates.

Marshall Mathers is ready to get rid of Eminem.
  2. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Good. White boys cant rap. Unless you're Beastie.
  3. Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    True dat!
  4. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

i would go so far as to include the beasties in that statement.
  5. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Quickest hi-jack ever? :)
  6. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I actually think he's a pretty good rapper. I just don't like rap, so I could care less what he does with the rest of his career.
  7. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    They can, but they shouldn't.
  8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The end couldn't come soon enough.
  9. I was watching a movie on HBO yesterday call "Whiteboys". It was about 3 young adults from Iowa who defined the word "wigger". It was the stupidest movie I've ever seen, yet highly amusing at the same time. For some reason, this thread reminded me of it.
  10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    He may ditch the Eminem persona, but that dude won't go away. He probably has something else up his sleeve. Kind of like how sports teams change team colors every few years to generate more sales of jerseys, shirts, and hats.

11. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I just wish he'd go into seclusion....
  12. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
  13. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Eminem is in his early 30's and he thinks he's been though it all. What a sissy.
  14. fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    hopefully he creates some new persona and it flops harder than chris gains.
  15. Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    I'm glad people are still parroting the afrocentrism line. And he has talent, as inspid as he can be sometimes.
  16. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    And then bring back "origenal colors" uniforms from 1930's because they become too lazy to think of new stuff:)
  17. eeee... bliss.
    i actually thought he'd commited suicide.

i was so happy... :D ;)
  18. This sounds too good to be true...I don't think he is going anywhere altho it would be awesome if he pulled a vanilla ice and disappeared of the face of the planet only to rear his ugly head every few years to appear in some second rate movie or reality tv show but even that is too much eminem for me. This is probably some kind of stunt to get people talking about him (like us) because I can't remember the last time I heard anything about eminem in the news or what not ( I hope it stays that way). I can't stand this guy and have you guys heard any of his latest songs? I don't even know how this is considered music. It's just him being stupid... "I never saw an a** like that, you make my slinky go gadoing doing doing" ***? and the rest of that song isn't much deeper. And that song where he's ripping on Michael Jackson was just as stupid...I can't believe people buy this.(sorry for the long post)

19. Aw man, what about The Streets?