1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Epiphone SG EB-3

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by riverthebassist, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Recently, I've been saving up for Epiphone's SG EB-3 bass, and I've noticed the price go up by $50, making it $399. I'm okay with the price change, and I'm wondering why the EB-0 price went down, now costing $269. I want the EB-3, and I'm curious to know what the main difference in quality is, not the structure. Also, does anyone know what amplifier works best with the Epiphone SG EB-3?

2. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Slightly better quality than the EB-0. Not as muddy as some people say they are.
    I recently played one through a Fender Rumble 100 and it sounded pretty good.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    Bass V and ajkula66 like this.
  3. I have owned two Epiphone EB-3s, and love the cherry model I have now; I don't kno why, but it is lighter than its ebony predecessor, and the much-maligned neck dive is not bad at all. I easily play it three sets a night on a weekend, and I'm 67. It has a thicj, rich sound which--to me--sounds better with the single neck pickup. I used D'ddario Pro-Steels to give it a little zip, and a Clayton 4" wide strap with a rough uinderside. Worth every cent to me.

Bass V likes this.