The Eternal Comp/Preamp Signal Path Question...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tonymorabito, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Just got a SansAmp Bass Driver V2 DI, and my path is currently: Tuner > SansAmp > Boss Octave Box> MXR Bass Envelope Filter > Boss Chorus > Darkglass Hyper Luminal Compressor > Ampeg Portaflex 800.
    I'm considering switching the SansAmp from first to last, after the Darkgalss, 'cause I'm not getting the response I like from the octave box or the envelope filter with this chain. Any suggestions would be welcome; thank you and happy holidays : )
    T

2. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Dropping Acid Pedal Etching .com Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    DroppingAcidPedalEtching.com
    The bddi is probably acting as a compressor and killing your dynamics which would be awful for the filter and possibly the octave

tonymorabito likes this.
  3. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I would go tuner, filter, octave, chorus compressor, sansamp to the amp. You’ll get max dynamics from the filter, a clean signal to the octave and the compressor will kill any extremes from the filter or octave

tonymorabito likes this.
  4. OK, thanks! I'll give it a try...

5. inchoate

inchoate Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2019
    Philly
    I'd do it more or less like this but I'd put the chorus between the compressor and the DI. In the end the best way to do it is to move stuff around until it sounds right to your ear.

tonymorabito likes this.
  6. Thanks! I'll try this too and let y'all know how it works out : )

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 25, 2022