1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

the exact same pedalboard?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dnp41, Sep 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dnp41

dnp41

May 10, 2016
    Just a brainfart, but did anyone ever see someone else with the exact same pedalboard (incl pedals.. obviously) as you were using at that time? let's say minimum 3 pedals.

2. Blaargh

Blaargh

Apr 4, 2016
    I've seen several other people rocking the Bass Whammy>105q wah>Deluxe Bass Muff combo. Occasionally I see people with those and either A) A Digitech Multi Chorus B) Digitech Bad Monkey or C) Earthquaker Afterneath as well. I guess the those main three are just obvious, reasonably priced ways to get those effects.

Obviously everyone and their dog has a TU-3, I suppose as well.

3. Nope, most of my pedal choices, like my bass of choice are unique.

bass40hz and PillO like this.
  4. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    Lol nope

5. Korladis

Korladis Supporting Member

No, and at this point I doubt I ever will, as one of my pedals there's only one of.

6. tfer

tfer

Jan 1, 2014
    With the hundreds of different options available, you're probably more likely to pick a winning lottery number.

Joe Ty likes this.
  7. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 GAS resistance is utterly futile... Supporting Member

So many pedals out there... could it really happen ?

8. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Nope. The closest I ever saw was me and @bassmusic17. And it's kinda crazy cause at the time, me and him had very different bass tones or were going for different tones. Just goes to show you that tone and pedals and rigs are very relative. Always.

Savage Hippie likes this.
  9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    A bit ironic that you accidentally posted this exact same thread three times :D

10. dnp41

dnp41

May 10, 2016
    Apologies, I tried to post from my phone and it lagged.

DrewinHouston likes this.
  11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    No worries- happens to all of us. It was just funny to see :)

12. FugaziBomb

FugaziBomb

Jun 5, 2017
    I only know one other bassist personally that even has a pedalboard, and the only common pedal we shares is an MXR filter. On a side note, he's got a Mooer fuzz on his board that sounds INCREDIBLE!

13. inanimate_carb

inanimate_carb

Aug 11, 2016
    Will Lee - Boss tuner pedal, Boss OC-2, and that's it. He changes up stuff all the time and from gig to gig, though.

14. dnp41

dnp41

May 10, 2016
    Well we at least have the first two pedals in my chain in common

15. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    There are a few classic pedals out there that are very popular that I could see matching up 3 of them.

Say a boss OC-2, a Big Muff and a Phase 90. I could see a possibility of 2 different people using exactly that.

16. bass40hz

bass40hz Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Sussex County, NJ
    no endorsements but would love a few ;-)
    This^^

Savage Hippie likes this.
  17. dnp41

dnp41

May 10, 2016
    Yeah, that was my initial thought, sure there are a lot of pedals out there, but there are also some pedals that are extremely common. I for instance run a boss tuner > oc2 > bass muff > vt bass di. Pretty common pedals right?

Nev375 likes this.
  18. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    All the time because the only pedal I use on my "pedal board" is the Boss TU-3 tuner...:smug:

19. I have not had this happen. But a lot of common pedals don't work for me; for example I've never been keen on pedal tuners and I don't particularly like the Sansamp BDDI.